Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Computer Crashes after update
Hi, i hope someone can help me.
After the Last update and working live in a club with VDJ suddenly my Laptop shut down. Then he started again and as soon as i started VDJ again he played for about 10 minutes then the Laptop Shutdown again and he did not wanted to start new. I thought my laptop was broke, first tried unplugging al external Hardware this did not help eather. but without starting VDJ next day the laptop stayed stable and rund 24 hours without problems. Then I started VDJ Plugged in my Denon MC7000 controller again and same Problem again. This was not before the update, eather the Windows or VDJ Update. In the Eventmanager of Windows stood something about Big Failure in Power.
My system is intel I7 16GB Ram, so i do not think that my laptop is too old.(about 5 years)
Now i cannot afford me to happen this again. It was a live Event and suddenly no music.

Personally i think it has something to do with the Asio drivers and the Latest update of VDJ or Windows, because when i use the internal soundcard it stays stable.
I haave tried also Other Asio driver but same result.
So i need defenatly help here.
I try now a different Laptop and see what happens, but i need a solution

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 1:55 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I do not experiment the crash, but as soon as VDJ is running CPU frequency goes up to over 100% and fans speed up, but VDJ never use more 30%CPU power (12% average), even with software decoding/sizing (one or more videos) making skin engine to freeze and most software decoding unusable

only stems use up to 80%cpu

Same with dust in cooling system or just limit dissipation may easily shutdown some laptops and need some time to refresh

I don't use ASIO

12 years old core2 duo not affected, can decode in single thread 100% what i5 can't in 4 threads

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 3:07 am
Update

I Reinstalled windows 10 complete, same result. BUt it has to do defentally with eather USB connection, Asio Driver or perhaps the Controller.
As soon as I plugin thee MC 7000 controller the commputer schuts down after a few minutes. When i Unplug the controller ans only use internal Soundcard, it stays stable. Now to find out if its the Controller or USB Port on Laptop i use now another llaptop to see if it stays stable there.
I will post the results here

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 3:12 pm
Next Update

I took the Laptop home, connected another Controller, a simple one, , after half an Hour same happened, Laptop suddenly shut down so it is not the controller or VDJ.

Must has something to do wit USB connection or asio driver.
Still waiting for result with another Laptop, i will have it this evening

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 4:13 pm
OK Last update.

Problem must be in de USB Connection of the Laptop, do not matter which one I use, on all USB Ports it happens. He finds the Hardware or any Hardware, but it seems that the Controller Asiodriver makes here the diffence. Befor updates installes all runned fine 2 Years, now after ltest update suddenly not anymore.
Perhaps something chnaged in the Powermanagement on the USB connection, i do not know. The Laptoop itself runs fine no problems when i do not connect the Controller.

Anyway
I used another Laptop now and no problems here.

Posté Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 10:27 pm