Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Trying to Broadcast but met with 'Off-Air' message
45levControlleristMember since 2019
Hi, I'm trying to broadcast my mix onto my VDJ profile but even though my software tells me that it's broadcasting and my port appears to be open (8000 right?) I'm getting the 'Off-Air' message when I go to my live page ( http://www.virtualdj.com/user/45lev/live.html ).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here...

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
says on air here no sound though

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:20 am
Still says off-air here... can you hear sound now? Pls send a screenshot if you can :)

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:22 am
getting sound now

[@devs, new interface to me, but no metadata? maybe a choice]

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:24 am
Sweet - any idea why I can't hear it myself though? Just tried on my phone using 4G and it's working there... what I'm trying to do is add it as a browser window with sound into OBS for Twitch but obviously if I'm not able to access my own stream on the computer it's being sent from then that'll be an issue

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:27 am
pretty conflicting... working fine over data on phone though

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:31 am
going the long way round to stream to twitch,
could stream direct to twitch with just vdj
or could go from vdj to obs to twitch
method you're using is sending to atomix, getting from atomix, then sending to twitch
just eating bandwidth for no good reason

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:32 am
Yeah, found that streaming direct from VDJ to Twitch doesn't look great... not sure how to create a good video skin (messed around with external downloaded ones but they're not ideal - tried altering the XML but I'm not great with that kinda stuff).

Also tried routing the audio with Soundflower directly into OBS, but found that by doing that I was getting artefacts and small dropouts both through the speakers live and when testing the Twitch stream... obviously for music it's not ideal to have glitchy audio on a stream. Can't even blame the laptop - 2015 Macbook with a good amount of RAM.

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:36 am
why Soundflower? make a master out in vdj audioconfig using machine sound device.

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:48 am
Chose to go through Soundflower because when I talk through the mic on VDJ I find it pretty off-putting hearing myself... and I find regardless of levels I always get an unpleasant amount of feedback. I have the audio routed like this:

Headphones: Built-In Output (Headphone Jack)
Booth: Scarlett 2i2 (This is hooked up to my stereo system)
Master: Soundflower 2ch

This way I don't hear the master audio with my voice through the speakers, but it's routed through silently to OBS where Soundflower 2ch is set as the audio input.

This is the best way I can figure out to route the audio from VDJ to OBS but like I said I seem to get little dropouts and artefacts here and there.

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 1:54 am
use a booth output in vdj config and turn boothMic setting off

Posté Tue 23 Nov 21 @ 2:57 am