Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet References to deleted files still showing up
Hi,

I'm having a recurring issue where a couple hundred files that have been deleted from the VDJ database, and permanently from the drive, are still popping up in the VDJ library/browser.

For some context, I only use VDJ to manage my entire music library, so all file renamings, relocations and deletions are done using VDJ. I routinely run Database > Remove missing files from search DB following any such actions, more specifically so when working with files en masse.

That said, I have references to files that were deleted or relocated months/years ago still showing up in VDJ, and even after deleting those references again individually and running Database > Remove missing files from search DB in turn for each file, the references might disappear for the time being but sure enough they reappear some time after.

I've tried the Remove for search DB option as well and same thing still happens.

While it's not a dealbreaker as I have a workaround in the meantime, it still quite annoying as I want to remove these dead references completely from the VDJ database.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Fri 04 Feb 22 @ 10:46 pm
Apparently they are kept just in case the file appears again. I too would like the DB reference removed permanently if the file is deleted.

Posté Fri 04 Feb 22 @ 10:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it's usually history.

Posté Fri 04 Feb 22 @ 11:20 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Apparently they are kept just in case the file appears again. I too would like the DB reference removed permanently if the file is deleted.

Hmm...that makes sense, but yea being able to permanently remove them would be nice.

Posté Fri 04 Feb 22 @ 11:49 pm
locodog wrote :
it's usually history.

That's interesting, never thought of that.....will give it a look.

Thanks much!

Posté Fri 04 Feb 22 @ 11:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
having done clean ups and database fixing for people, I'd recommend making a back up, and a datebase view export of the missing files. Those and windows search and np++ multifile tools, it can be done still a little slow, depends on how many you have but you're talking 30s - 1m per entry.
So ask yourself, how important is history from anything more than a year ago.

Posté Sat 05 Feb 22 @ 9:02 am