Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet I need help getting the newest version of VDJ & my behringer U-Control UCA 222 working
Hey everyone,

I am trying to DJ using nothing but my computer, a pair of speakers, headphones and a UCA222 Behinringer USB soundcard but I can't seem to configure them properly. So, the UCA222 is plugged into one of the USB ports on my PC, my headphones are plugged into the UCA222 and my speakers are plugged into the UCA222 into output L/R via white/Red cables. I cannot for the life of get it confirgured correctly in VDJ so my headphones are used for headphone queque and the speakers for main out. Can someone please help me? I have been trying to configure this for weeks.

Posté Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 12:54 pm

Posté Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 1:10 pm
Thank you but no, that is not the problem. I am wondeirng if its a hardware issue with the UCA 222 itself..I cannot get it to work

Posté Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 4:25 pm
Not sure. ITs a very old device.
And the Behringer driver (if there ever were any) are probably long gone, not working

So I see Behringer recommend the generic asio4all driver. But this is a driver that require you setup the channels correctly.

Alternatively, it might work without asio at all, just use native Windows drivers. But you might have to set it up as a surround card in Windows to get all channels (and make sure Windows dont assign it as it own default soundcard, both for playback and record, something Windows have a habit of... )

Posté Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 6:21 pm

Posté Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 6:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The sound card offers a single pair of USB outputs, so not suitable for proper master/prelisten separation

Read Nr,7 in Page 7 from the device manual.

Posté Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 6:33 pm
Thank you all for the replies and help, what would be a good budget high quality sound card that I could use for this purpose... I only have the UCA222 and also an old M-Audio Conectiv Card.. I want to get something that is fully 100% supported by Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Thank you

Posté Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 10:28 pm

Posté Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 12:09 am

Posté Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 8:32 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
still not ideal, you'll need a 4 out audio device [2 stereo channels] unless you want to run mono [which is a viable option]

Posté Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 9:07 am
So here is what I want to do, I want to obviously have a seperate out to main and headphone queque and also want to be able to stream my MAIN out online on twitch so basically, I want to mix on the computer using a keyboard/mouse and stream my main output on twitch. GO, what is a very good high quality super low latency card to get? Is the 4in/4out still a solution for this and if not, what is recommend? Something that is newer and compatible with Windows 10 & 11.

Posté Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 10:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You could use the Behringer UCA222 for Master Output and the M-Audio for Prelisten (Headphones) and see if that works for you before buying anything new.
There is a chance to have some small latency between the two, since you ll be using 2 cards, but worth trying.
So connect your monitor speakers to Master Output of Behringer and your Headphones to the M-Audio, then in VirtualDJ your Audio setup should look like..
Master .... Behringer UCA .. Channels 1,2
Headphones .. M-Audio ... Channels 1.2

Posté Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 12:23 pm
DJdad, the latency is too high, I have already tried that. What would you recommend if I were to buy a single new card as a solution that would do this? headphone stereo queue, master stereo out AND the ability to also have my master out play in OBS as an audio source?

Posté Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 1:05 pm

Posté Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 5:08 pm
Thanks, everyone for all the help, the issue has been solved. Much love and a big giant huge thank you to everyone that contributed. I appreciate each and every one of you!

Posté Wed 20 Apr 22 @ 8:03 am