Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ and Denon MCX8000 Sound cracks and then grinds to a halt
Hi,

With my Denon MCX 8000 and VDJ i had a gig yesterday and it was almost impossible to do, restarted VDJ several times during the set, first couple of tracks plays well, then it starts to crack and pop, and finally it lags and then just cracks come out of the output, and some songs cracks and skips as well when the issue gets worse on the restart it works again for about 2 songs and then starts to degrade again. any help would be appreciated.
Things i tries during the night Latency setting tried untill 1024 i didnt go beyond that. ultra latency on and off. Then used Wasapi drivers. with latency tried till 1024. Then tried with latency set to 0. nothing really worked.

denon firmware 2.5 updated as well. during the set i had to mix with the standalong USB and then switch back to VDJ on other decks to keep it going. Very bad experince.

Below are the windows specs

Device name Chadster
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID EE9545F2-AD75-47FD-8145-51A0CF7CEFAE
Product ID 00330-52719-87221-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 5 touch points

VDJ version : v8.5-64 b6921

Posté Sun 01 May 22 @ 9:42 pm
Assuming you've not changed anything in your system try a different USB cable.

Posté Sun 01 May 22 @ 10:21 pm
just checked with a new usb cable too, it goes for a bit longer but then the crackles are back

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 1:06 pm
Another thing i did notice is that if i restart the denon it goes away for a bit as well. but for after about an hour or so it will comeback.

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 1:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
try reapply the audio config next time it happens, it's not a full fix but it will help fault finding.

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 2:14 pm
Also run a latency checker on your PC

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 2:40 pm
the latency checker is on green. i ran it yesterday whole night with auto mix on two deck mode, its still running this morning. i check on it every hour or so to see if it crackling.

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 2:44 pm
locodog wrote :
try reapply the audio config next time it happens, it's not a full fix but it will help fault finding.

how does it help fault finding, i am wonderin if there is any log VDJ has?

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 2:44 pm
So it is crackling with the latency checker on green?

Try completely uninstalling the Denon ASIO drivers then reinstalling them again.

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 2:45 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
So it is crackling with the latency checker on green?

Try completely uninstalling the Denon ASIO drivers then reinstalling them again.

yeah although this time its not as bad as it was at the gig. at the gig at one time the latency was so bad that it took a second or 2 for the song to play when i hit play. thats when i used the standalone and restarted VDJ and came back. at the gig i did not run latency check, but since yesterday i put in a playlist and ran auto mix on dual player more kind of mimicking the minimal workflow of a gig, with the same audio connections as used in the gig. latency checker is showing green even now. and it has been running all night like this, coz i wanted to see if it gets to a level where its just cracks and drop outs like it was on the gig, but it hasnt gotten that bad yet

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 2:52 pm
Just a case of keeping an eye then. I had a similar thing happen at one gig last month for no reason at all, it's been fine ever since.

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 2:57 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Just a case of keeping an eye then. I had a similar thing happen at one gig last month for no reason at all, it's been fine ever since.

so there right now when i checked the latency mon has said there are some underuns, but the music is playing fine. so there might be something there but there are no cracks and pops in the music, very strange. so i now reinstaled the windows driver restarted and doing the experiment again, it would be great if VDJ had some sort of real time log to go into it.

Posté Mon 02 May 22 @ 3:14 pm
It's funny that everyone got the same issue at the same time.
I changed my laptop for this reason and got a fairly powerful unit and it went great.
But last night it cracked and popped almost every 10 minutes. In one instance, it cracked 5 times in a row I thought it's burning.
Restarted pc 3 times, restarted denon twice, all the settings are set for Performance mode, no background application, no wifi, no bluetooth,
I assumed it could be the humid weather outside but it went well for 1 hour, CRACK, good for like 30 minutes, CRACK, POP, CRACK,...
I literally thought my unit is destroyed after almost 3 years of use...
I'm going to do a hard reset on Denon, installing druvers again and full clean install of Virtual DJ and try again.
Hopefully it gets resolved I have 3 weddings coming up.

Posté Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 4:08 pm
It's a laptop issue, not the controller. Try wasapi instead of ASIO as those drivers are a bit tetchy with some systems.

What is your Denon control panel set at? 512 seems to be the best latency.

Posté Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 6:35 pm
charitha19 wrote :
Hi,

With my Denon MCX 8000 and VDJ i had a gig yesterday and it was almost impossible to do, restarted VDJ several times during the set, first couple of tracks plays well, then it starts to crack and pop, and finally it lags and then just cracks come out of the output, and some songs cracks and skips as well when the issue gets worse on the restart it works again for about 2 songs and then starts to degrade again. any help would be appreciated.
Things i tries during the night Latency setting tried untill 1024 i didnt go beyond that. ultra latency on and off. Then used Wasapi drivers. with latency tried till 1024. Then tried with latency set to 0. nothing really worked.

denon firmware 2.5 updated as well. during the set i had to mix with the standalong USB and then switch back to VDJ on other decks to keep it going. Very bad experince.

Below are the windows specs

Device name Chadster
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID EE9545F2-AD75-47FD-8145-51A0CF7CEFAE
Product ID 00330-52719-87221-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 5 touch points

VDJ version : v8.5-64 b6921

I got an acer 2022 model gaming 3060. and included was immersive sound drivers and software, which can do this if you do not have "exclusive access" turned off in audio settings. Might be the same for you. If so, and this does not work then you may want to try getting rid of similar possible interference. I have removed multiple packages from my machine incl audio and network ones. but this fixed the issues of the same crackles etc when audio is not exclusive. There are some other effects from this on other machines incl a critical "buffer overrun" type effect that will probably crash or cause various problems.

Posté Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 8:01 pm