Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet NEW SONGS MISSING CUSTOMIZATION
I transferred new songs from my desktop PC to my Macbook Pro but I'm missing the customizations, (cue points, loops etc) of the new songs.
I transferred the files from the desktop of the PC and XML file from the documents to the Macbook Pro but no new cue points or loops showed up, I transferred only the XML file from PC to Macbook but still only the old customizations (cue points and loop) were transferred.
Please help.
PC: Windows 10
Laptop: Macbook Pro

Posté Tue 24 May 22 @ 1:26 am
The correct way to transfer files between two systems in cases like this is to copy them on an external thumb drive via VirtualDJ.

So:
1) Windows PC / Desktop. Use VirtualDJ browser to copy the files you want on a thumb drive
2) Macbook / Laptop. Use VirtualDJ browser to copy/move the files from the thumb drive to where you want them.

This way, VirtualDJ will keep all the info (it's database) updated.

Posté Tue 24 May 22 @ 7:26 am
1. How do you use VirtualDJ browser to copy files onto a thumb drive
2. How do you use VirtualDJ browser to move files from the thumb drive to VirtualDJ
I want the files in the music folder.
Thanks for your support.
I have searched VDJPEDIA and General Topics but can not find anything helpful.

Posté Tue 24 May 22 @ 8:42 am
Simply right click (CMD + Click, or double finger tap on MAC) on a file, selection of files or folder, choose File operations -> Copy to / Move to.
You can also do CTRL+Drag n drop (copy) or SHIFT+Drag n drop (move) instead.

Posté Tue 24 May 22 @ 8:56 am
It did not work unfortunately. Cue points and loops still not showing up.
Can you please show me how it"s done?
I have transferred files several times but never encountered this problem.

Posté Tue 24 May 22 @ 1:25 pm
Problem fixed thank you. I copied the settings in VDJ file which caused the problem.

Posté Tue 24 May 22 @ 3:23 pm