Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet DJ TechTools Midi Fighter Twister Custom Device and Mappings lost (as of May update)
Hello Virtual DJ Community,

I wanted to reach out to the community to see if you have any insight as to where I can override the "Devices" so I can use my own VirtualDJ/Devices/.xml definition.

Last year I created some settings for my Midifighter Twister and it looks like one of the recent updates, I lost the settings.

Reading through some of the other forum threads I created the Midi logfile to understand what's going on and it looks like that I have the Vid/Pid set up correct (this was working before as well), but somewhere VDJ is overriding my devices file.

If I were just starting out, I'd simply create the mapper file with those names and use that. However I also customized some of my encoders/sliders/cc channels etc. to do some custom things that I'd like to not lose.

So I'm wondering if there is any way to override the built-in devices/.xml file so that VDJ automatically detects MF Twister and loads my device definition file. I've searched in as many places I can think of, but it's possible that this is a compiled driver or something not separated out in the file system.

Per some of the recommendations, here's the snippet of the log file where you can see my Midi Fighter Twister "device" attempting to be detected but VDJ choosing the built-in DJ Techtools Midi Fighter Twister device:

[19:36:13] MIDI Device Identifying: \\?\usb#vid_2580&pid_0007&mi_00#6&3b75c87e&3&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\global (in:0 out:1) (name: Midi Fighter Twister)
[19:36:13] MIDI Device Identified by PID/VID: \\?\usb#vid_2580&pid_0007&mi_00#6&3b75c87e&3&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\global : DJTechTools Midi Fighter Twister
[19:36:13] Assigned Keyboard, type:0, index:1
[19:36:13] Assigned DJTechTools Midi Fighter Twister, type:4, index:1

Here's the top couple of lines of my device .xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<device name="Midi Fighter Twister" author="djdevonjohnson" description="Midi Fighter Twister" type="MIDI" decks="2" version="850" vid="0x2580" pid="0x0007" date="2021-08-27">

I found the disable built in definitions settings for controllers, but that's only the mapper settings and not the <device>.xml

Appreciate the feedback and help in advance!

Posté Tue 05 Jul 22 @ 11:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Rename your definition to force-whatevername.xml

Posté Wed 06 Jul 22 @ 12:01 am
Just to confirm, going back to build 6921 fixes the issue. It looks like build 6978 is where the Midi Fighter support was added.

Thanks!

Posté Wed 06 Jul 22 @ 12:15 am
Thanks, I just saw the suggestion, I'll try that...

Posté Wed 06 Jul 22 @ 12:16 am
Thanks so much for the tip. That one is a gem.

Have a great day!

Posté Wed 06 Jul 22 @ 12:19 am
docb-djPRO InfinityMember since 2019
djdad wrote :
Rename your definition to force-whatevername.xml

Thanks for the help.. I was rather upset to find this happen. Considering I wrote the existing Midi Fighter Twister (Stems) mapping (for a device that was out for years).

Then suddenly VDJ comes out with their belated mapping but crushes mine.

I have an update to the existing mapping in the works/testing. It's stull purely stems based (use your controller/mixer for eq/efx/etc)

The big changes are:

Bank 1 is dedicated to only 2 decks
Reset to default buttons, per side
Later Banks have useable improvements for 2 and 4 decks. (Bank 1/2 are 2 deck based, Bank 3/4 are 4 deck)

Contact me if you want a pre-release copy ..

Posté Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 11:50 am
Actually, VDJ has totally nullified my existing addon.

I can't find any way to get my existing submission to load now.

Posté Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You will need to re-upload your Addon (zip with definition+mapping) with your definition renamed as force-whatevername.xml

But i would suggest to take some time and create a Custom Mapping based on the default definition and device presets.

Posté Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 4:02 pm
djdad wrote :
You will need to re-upload your Addon (zip with definition+mapping) with your definition renamed as force-whatevername.xml

But i would suggest to take some time and create a Custom Mapping based on the default definition and device presets.

Can I get a copy of your raw device mapping for the MFT? I've greatly modified mine as compared to what I've uploaded and I want to check to see which has the best implementation. Btw, that bank 2 looks very familer......

Posté Thu 07 Jul 22 @ 4:53 pm