Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Tip the DJ
Would like to see Venmo or Cash App tadded to ask.the.dj Tips, not just PayPal. Some of us do not use PayPal, and those other Formats have been around long enough to add as an option. I been with y'all for over a decade, and it has never changed, and seems like y'all are way behind the times in this regard!

Posté Fri 25 Nov 22 @ 6:06 pm
But aren't they US only? (So only relevant for 5% of the population?)
At least I don't know anybody here in Denmark who use them...

Posté Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 8:11 am
Agreed. I've never heard of them, or seen them offered as payment options when purchasing stuff online. On the other hand, PayPal is everywhere. As some would say, it's the "industry standard". :-)

[edit] apparently Venmo is owned by PayPal anyway.

Posté Sat 26 Nov 22 @ 8:57 am
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Bump. Understand that PayPal is universal, but it also incurs fees to the recipient which cannot be turned off. Venmo and other electronic pay apps, while not able to be used internationally, do not incur fees for the recipient. Would like to see this revisited and other apps such as Venmo able to be utilized. While I understand it's not a priority, the option to choose which app to take tips through would make a lot of sense and would make a lot of users happy.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 3:03 pm
djroniegPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
I see more and more people using Venmo and Cashapp than I do PayPal. I think the reason for this is too many people associate PayPal as a Ebay thing cause that is where it Originated from. Thing is why PayPal created Venmo for everyday tasks while PayPal is used more often for online purchases. Venmo offers a refillable debit card with a tap and go chip which makes going through the checkout a breeze. And the Venmo card can be used internationally That is why I think Venmo or Cashapp would be a great add in for the tipping feature in VDJ.

Posté Thu 27 Jul 23 @ 3:46 pm