Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet BROWSER VDJ 2023 column missing
joafraPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I just downloaded VDJ 2023 and I don't find anymore the order column in the browser
Thank you

Posté Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 2:52 pm
The Order column is there for me in the latest version (and all most recent versions) of VDJ 2023.

1) Check that you still have "Order" checked, in the list of available columns.
2) And if so, check that any nearby columns have not compressed it to zero width.

-------------------
You can also check the settings OPTION: browserColumns and you should see something like "ord(3.05)" in the list, with it's current width enclosed in ( ). To check that it has not been set to zero. Note: eachof the different locations, that the Order column can be set, are separated by the pipe symbol, "|".

Which location are you now, not finding the Order column?

Posté Tue 13 Dec 22 @ 3:27 pm
Thank you for your kind assistance
I checked in the column list there isn't "order" available for the selection however in the setting / browse column there are a lot of parameters and I can see some orders parameters like this one: ord(8.14) but not in my browser...
Thank you

Posté Wed 14 Dec 22 @ 3:18 pm
That is strange that "Order" does not appear in your column list.

Maybe someone knows a reason, that this could happen.
It does appear for me (and should appear for you) with all the versions of VDJ since the column list was introduced.

To troubleshoot, you could try to:
1) Close VDJ
2) in Documents/Virtual DJ folder, RENAME the file settings.xml to something like settingsOLD.xml and restart VDJ. If the "Order" appears in the column list to select, then it there was some issue with that settings file.

You can delete the newly created settings.xml file, change settingsOLD.xml back to settings.xml and restart VDJ and record you settings options.

Then repeat step 2 to create the new fresh settings.xml and then manually modify the working configuration to what you had, from your notes, or screenshots.

Posté Wed 14 Dec 22 @ 5:14 pm
BTW:
Order column is not present on FILTER folders by design (since filter folders don't have a particular order)
Also order column is not present on Favorite (monitored) folders (since they also lack a particular order, or you could say that their order is covered by filename)

Therefore Order column is present only on Playlists, History, and Virtual Folders.

Posté Wed 14 Dec 22 @ 7:54 pm
I tried the setting advice but even with the new setting.xml, the order doesn't appear in the column list
And of course the order column will only appear in my playlist folders
Thank you very much

Posté Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 6:14 am