Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Kontrol X1 MK2s - Additional deck mapping options?
I have two Kontrol X1 MK2s. On my left X1, I want to have the left side of the control control Deck C/3, and the right side of that controller control Deck A/1.

On the right X1 MK2, I would like to have the left side control Deck B/2, and the right side control Deck D/4.

In the Mapping setting for this controller, I see deck mapping options, but not this particular combination which I find a bit strange as this is the standard layout for an external mixer.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I took a loop at the Mapper XML file but there's nothing about those deck assignments in that file.

Thanks!

Posté Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In VirtualDJ Settings->MAPPING tab, you should get 2 entries of Traktor Kontrol X MKII.
Select one each time, then use the Deck drop-down list to select different Decks than the default Left-Right (1-2).
If the combination you are looking for is not offered in the list, you can type inside the Deck field the one you need .. e.g. 3,1 or 2,4 (probably the ones u need) or what ever Deck, Deck
Each time you make a new Assignment, see what each device controls now and repeat the above procedure.
Keep in mind that the 2 devices may have a different order from the one you expect, e.g. the right-hand device may be listed as first and vice versa.

Posté Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 5:52 pm
Oh my goodness… that’s awesome. Thanks!

Posté Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 2:27 am
So this of course worked, and now I have the transport controls mapped exactly how I wanted. Awesome!

The only bit that seems to not be working as I'd expect is the touch strips. It seems that on both X1s, the touch strips control decks A and B. I don't seem to have control over decks B and D from either controller.

I've looked through the control manual, and tried the SHIFT + FX assign buttons, that let's me go between dual and single mode, but still only for decks A and B.

So close!

Posté Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 11:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yeah, some operations will not work as expected. Basic reason is the variables (var) that need to be changed to controllervar (device dependent).
Will see if we can convert the default mapping and give you some instructions (too many keys that need to be changed)

BTW, the touchstrip is also applying to the selected Deck (at least in Single mode). I guess in your case it needs to be applying on which Deck is Left/Right, correct ?
Or Dual mode is the one you want it work ?
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/ni/x1mkii/controls.html (Nr.6)

Posté Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 1:10 pm
I looked at the mappings for the touch strip, and they do appear to be applied to left/right versus a variable.

If I use the feature in the GUI to pull deck C/D up into the "active deck area" (up top), then the touch strips work correctly for which deck is in that area. So I wonder if this intended behavior?

Posté Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 2:05 pm