Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet It crashed
2nd time using the software. 45 minutes into my set, it gets a little herky jerky, then bam. It just stops and plays a tone. Full room. Disaster. Full on nightmare. Does this happen to anyone else? I've used VDJ only sparingly since then because I don't trust it. Off to a bad start. Using Windows 11.

Posté Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 5:00 am
So upset I forgot to ask, does anyone know what could have caused that?

Posté Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 6:34 am
Hi Markie-
Some times a year we do a private party for about 50 people an I am the DJ for that...
I am facing such crashes since VDJ2020(32bit) version...so almost 2years and now I am using VDJ2023.
I am using win10 64bit with VDJ on 3 i7-machines (just backup laptops in case of anything happening..)
and it happens on each machine !

I try to explain my experiance on that.
ONLY By using saved loops "in-transitions" the VDJ freezes sometimes after some time (this can be 15minutes or 2 hours).
This happens by pushing the arrow-button-part on the left side of the loop- button or by synchronizing the new song-loop with the playing one.
No matter with or without DJ-controller (I using the Hercules Impulse 500).
In the case without controller, only the screen is freezing ... and by using it with controller the controller interface delivers a terrible sound like 1/32 or 1/64 loop...Last time it also happens at full party and I was afraid about the PA.
In such case I try to unplug the audio cable instantly...and start VDJ again.
At this moment I am beginning to develop a little paranoia about that...
I tried to disable all effects, also changed windows energy options, tried different songs (it is not deticated to a special song)..., tried changing sampling rate and latency at VDJ and the controller...
Next trail session I disable the quantisize-option at the loop section of VDJ.

Additionally I will messaging my problem to the technical support cause am loosing my excitement on DJing generally... :o( ...or maybe the VDJ support replies to this message...

Best regard, mark

Posté Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 2:08 pm
Update- I disabled the quantisize option, disabled auto pitch look...nothing...at certain song it crashes by pushing the loop pre-start-button ... see below

At this time if it crashes it does it by pushing the arrow (last image) only...so the sync button is not affected.

Posté Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 7:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We might have found a possible cause for a lock up when using saved loops.
It might be when smartCue is on, and the saved loop is started while the song is paused.

Posté Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 8:43 pm
Thanks your suggestion.
I will check this tomorrow.
Meanwhile I could have found another solution that works.
To start a saved loop I usually proceeded the way I showed in my above graphic and comments.
Now I simply proceeded following:

Click on the button of the marked loop position in the song (not on the arrow!)
==>
Then jump to the start position of the loop (old fashioned way) in that song with
==>
Then start the loop within the song in that way that it matches the beat of the currently played song
==>
Then push the sync button

The last our s I did some trails with my test songs and there was no crash so far...Tomorrow I will do some more and give comment.
Good night, mark

Posté Fri 06 Jan 23 @ 11:16 pm
Update- Recently I did one trail on both solutions and hat no crash until now !!!

Thanks a lot Adion !

To Markie- Maybe your problem was caused by the same constellation of settings.

Thanks and best regards
Mark

Posté Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 8:09 pm
To me, anyone says that they're using a Windows based computer for music and Dj'ing, I'd just say, not unexpected at all. Jsut too many hardware combos etc. to go wrong. Once I moved to Apple, I will never go back. Caveat emptor.

Posté Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 8:57 pm
I've always used PCs - for DJing, music production, audio editing, video editing, live streaming etc. etc. and they're just as reliable as any other type of computer.

Macs can crash too. Macs can get viruses. They're not immune.

Posté Sat 07 Jan 23 @ 11:21 pm
I am having crash issues with my Hercule Impulse 500. Total nightmare. Random crashes. Originally tried to test to see if I was causing the issue using effects, loops etc. Not sure!!! I then tried to load a long playlist in Automix and let it play without any interface such as effects and loops. It crashed once at 5 songs played, again at 15 songs played. It seems to be totally random.
Hercules tech support is hard to access. Not sure if it is the controller or the software!

Very Frustrating !!

Posté Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 5:25 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
1) Which build of VirtualDJ do you have?
2) Have you tested with the last song loaded when it crashed?

Posté Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 4:01 am