Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet HotCue & Loops from Rekordbox
Weirdly the cue points and the loops are not exactly the same as Rekordbox (I am talking about the cue point position); the hotcue starts usually a few milliseconds later than the original RB hotcue, not hitting the perfect start point.

I have already opened a ticket to VDJ, but meanwhile Im waiting, maybe someone here has already faced the issue and has a solution.

Thanks!

Posté Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 7:55 am
castonHome userMember since 2020
I confirm that the cue points after serato rekordbox virtualdj transformation have a slightly different location because the waveform is different. I use beat sync and no problem.

Posté Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 11:54 pm
VDJ Tech Support isnt aware of this issue....this is very annoying.....

Posté Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 5:39 am
Same thing happens with SDJ cue points. I have a script that shifts everything over a little.

Ill post it when I get home tonight.

Posté Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 3:00 pm
Thanks but I believe is VDJ SW bug importing waveforms and hotcues both from RB and SDJ...

Posté Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 3:58 pm
DJ Faber Zee wrote :
Thanks but I believe is VDJ SW bug importing waveforms and hotcues both from RB and SDJ...

What are the file types that you are trying to import the metadata from and how are you importing them?

Unfortunately, all of the software offerings seem to process some sound files types, like mp3, differently (it might be due to usage of different decoders). One side effect of this is that sometimes a song may have an additional set of milliseconds of dead space injected at the front in one DJ application but not the other.

When using third-party tools, like Lexicon/DJCU, to do the metadata transfer between the databases of different software, you may notice shifts in the end result - I've seen it and it's a well-known problem (those metadata transfer tools attempt to adjust the result but it's never been reliable for me).
I can't speak for reading cues directly from Serato crated files/Rekordbox files however, but I would think the underlying problem still applies. I think VirtualDJ also may be using it's beatgridding as well instead of Serato/rekordbox...that may further complicate things.

There is a vdjscript verb to shift all song cue points by a certain amount of milliseconds....it might be worth a shot to try it...just assign +ve and -ve shifts to keyboard shortcuts/custom buttons/pad buttons in a custom pad mode and do it on the fly (I'm not sure if it will persist if you are reading it from the file/external database though).

Posté Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 5:59 pm
Actually Im using MP3...and most od the times the shift is like 0.1 sec forward......my point was about if you VDJ provide a funcionality like Rekordbox compatibility for Hotcues Loops / Playlists you MUST be sure is working 100% before releasing it...and Im not talking of a minor issue, its a BIG thing.
Anyhow let's se if the technical support will reply, they escalated to the devs.
thanks everybody so far!

Posté Tue 17 Jan 23 @ 6:36 pm