Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet New laptop keeps crashing
Bought new ASUS i7 laptop, Nov 22’ - only downloaded VDJ and Pioneer controller software. Haven’t done anything else to it. It’s not connected to internet whilst playing live, and plugged into mains. It crashed beginning of Dec, and NYE twice …

Did a gig last week, 3 hours, no issues - last night an hour in and crashed. Couldnt even Ctrl, alt delete. Had to force power off.

Followed advice and updated windows, drivers and FireWire, before last nights gig but didn’t help 🫤

Never had Windows or Ergo issues before and this laptop is more than capable of running VDJ.

Should I take laptop back or is there something software related I’ve missed?

Any help, muchly appreciated

Posté Sun 05 Mar 23 @ 8:56 am
Check the event log first of all to see if Windows has logged the crash.

Posté Sun 05 Mar 23 @ 9:15 am
It’s logging errors.

I’ve disabled ‘stems’ and had 2 successful gigs without crashing but it’s just crashed 1 1/2 into a gig

Posté Sat 27 May 23 @ 6:32 pm
Sounds like there's definitely something up. When you say crash what exactly is happening to VDJ and Windows?

I had a Lenovo recently that just stopped playing sound but everything else worked. Couldn't diagnose it at all so just went back to my old reliable machine.

Posté Sat 27 May 23 @ 7:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Crystalx wrote :

Did a gig last week, 3 hours, no issues - last night an hour in and crashed. Couldnt even Ctrl, alt delete. Had to force power off.

Same venue? There is a case of "environment issue" that can cause this.
Long story short, certain smoke machines with certain mains wiring with certain machines can cause a terminal freeze.

not saying this is the cause but it can be, running battery can avoid it, some cases running on mains with a spike filter [most decent power extensions have a filter] can avoid the problem too.

If it runs at home for hours but crashes at the venue then I'd suspect something about the venue and not software.

Posté Sat 27 May 23 @ 10:09 pm
Windows and VDJ crash. Can’t do anything with the laptop but hold finger on power off. Shut it down and reboot. No information (sidelist) is saved on VDJ.

Different venues.

Had no issues previously with an old laptop. This one should breeze through.
No other programs running. Not connected to the internet.

The question- should I be taking the laptop back to store?

Posté Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 7:31 pm
Definitely. Possibly a RAM issue.

Posté Sat 03 Jun 23 @ 7:52 pm