Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Two Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 simultaneously ?
Is it possible ?

Even if I have one unit set "ID=1", the other set "ID=2", and Windows seeing two different devices with dfferent ID's in the hardware, Virtual DJ still detects two identical "Novation Launchpad Mini MK3" devices (Session mode) in its mapping section.

Now, because of this, I cannot create two different custom mappings. If I do so, both mappings are moving around randomly from device to device after a USB port change or a computer reboot, I believe because they share the same name within VDJ.

Is there a way top make that work, in "Session" mode ? Can I change their names somewhere (in the registry ??) so VDJ would "see" different named devices, thus calling dfifferent customs mappings on startup ? I am not interested in Legacy or custom modes (using them for other purposes), I'd like to keep the Session mode VDJ is initiating when detecting these devices.

Thanks, keep on scripting ;-)

Posté Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 9:21 pm
Currently have 3 Novation Lauchpad Mini MK3s working, never enough buttons.

There are 2 ways (that I know of) to do this, both with pros and cons.

1) use controllervar. add this to the one mapping (more details below) used by all Lauchpad minis, and the variables get a modified name for each MK3. (visible on Controller Vars tab of Var List)
Pro.. low maintence.. since only one mapping to modify for both MK3s.
Con.. Cannot access the banks from external scripts since the modified variable name cannot be known (assigned at startup, and not always the same) I did not choose this method because I want to have banks auto open with scripts, when performing.

2) Create 2 different mappings. (the first and and the B version) and give each MK3 it own mapping.

one mapping with the variables, unchanged, and 2nd with variables names changed to say. B versions
so $lpmk3page needs to be replaced with $lpmk3pageB in all instances in the mapping, to create the second mapping. (so one MK3 can have a different bank open, otherwise when you select a bank by setting the default variable, $lpmk3page, both MK3 display identically)

and replace, $mk3volmode >> $mk3volmodeB

Pro... Can display any bank on any MK3 with script.
Con.. Requires updating 2 different mappings. more maintenance. (not bad if one only changes scripts on one and does periodically updates to the other mapping, with text replacements, what I have chosen)

----
Both of these methods will allow you to independently use different banks on each MK3. The only current limitation is that of Sample Banks. One can NOT have 2 different sample banks open at the same time, since there is only ONE sample bank currently in VDJ.. does not matter how one attempts to use 2 sample banks.. 2 MK3, or from a decks Left & Right controller padpage.
So can NOT have say, Drums sampler bank on one MK3 (or Left padpage) and say a Misc bank with, air horn. applause, etc sampler bank open on second MK3 (or Right padpage).

see wish here for the addition of a second Sampler Bank:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/247590/Wishes_and_new_features/Wish_for_2nd_Sample_Bank___(to_be_displayed_simultaneously).html

----------------------------------------

Both methods probably best to use a text editor (notepad++) to do the text replacements:

Method 2) create the B mapping:

'$mk3volmode' replaced with '$mk3volmodeB'
AND
'$lpmk3page' replaced with '$lpmk3pageB'

Method 1: with controllervar

DJDad wrote :
Easiest way would be to open the Mapping with a Text Editor and replace
var '$lpmk3page'
with
controllervar '$lpmk3page'

and

set set '$lpmk3page'
with

The above will make the variable to be per controller. This is the basic variable for the Banks, but you could probably do the same with other mapping variables too.

In general, both var '$x' and set '$x' need to be .. controllervar '$x'

win 10

Posté Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 10:26 pm
@IIDEEJAYII,

Thanks a LOT, it works wonder !

I went to method #2 as I like to keep my mappings separate per device. I just love this forum community, so much help that is nowhere to be found on other platforms.

Posté Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 4:24 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Currently have 3 Novation Lauchpad Mini MK3s working, never enough buttons.

There are 2 ways (that I know of) to do this, both with pros and cons.

1) use controllervar. add this to the one mapping (more details below) used by all Lauchpad minis, and the variables get a modified name for each MK3. (visible on Controller Vars tab of Var List)
Pro.. low maintence.. since only one mapping to modify for both MK3s.
Con.. Cannot access the banks from external scripts since the modified variable name cannot be known (assigned at startup, and not always the same) I did not choose this method because I want to have banks auto open with scripts, when performing.

2) Create 2 different mappings. (the first and and the B version) and give each MK3 it own mapping.

one mapping with the variables, unchanged, and 2nd with variables names changed to say. B versions
so $lpmk3page needs to be replaced with $lpmk3pageB in all instances in the mapping, to create the second mapping. (so one MK3 can have a different bank open, otherwise when you select a bank by setting the default variable, $lpmk3page, both MK3 display identically)

and replace, $mk3volmode >> $mk3volmodeB

Pro... Can display any bank on any MK3 with script.
Con.. Requires updating 2 different mappings. more maintenance. (not bad if one only changes scripts on one and does periodically updates to the other mapping, with text replacements, what I have chosen)

----
Both of these methods will allow you to independently use different banks on each MK3. The only current limitation is that of Sample Banks. One can NOT have 2 different sample banks open at the same time, since there is only ONE sample bank currently in VDJ.. does not matter how one attempts to use 2 sample banks.. 2 MK3, or from a decks Left & Right controller padpage.
So can NOT have say, Drums sampler bank on one MK3 (or Left padpage) and say a Misc bank with, air horn. applause, etc sampler bank open on second MK3 (or Right padpage).

see wish here for the addition of a second Sampler Bank:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/247590/Wishes_and_new_features/Wish_for_2nd_Sample_Bank___(to_be_displayed_simultaneously).html

----------------------------------------

Both methods probably best to use a text editor (notepad++) to do the text replacements:

Method 2) create the B mapping:

'$mk3volmode' replaced with '$mk3volmodeB'
AND
'$lpmk3page' replaced with '$lpmk3pageB'

Method 1: with controllervar

DJDad wrote :
Easiest way would be to open the Mapping with a Text Editor and replace
var '$lpmk3page'
with

and

set set '$lpmk3page'
with

The above will make the variable to be per controller. This is the basic variable for the Banks, but you could probably do the same with other mapping variables too.

In general, both var '$x' and set '$x' need to be .. controllervar '$x'

win 10

I apologize if I take advantage of this post but, I was asking myself the same question by connecting two DDJ-XP1s to the virtual DJ which are recognized as a single unit albeit with the possibility of separate mappings. Many XP1 mapping button and pad commands don't have variables so these two methods won't work. Do you think there might be a way to use them independently? Thank you

Posté Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 1:44 am