Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ + Hercules Inpulse 500
Hello everyone

I have 2 problems and I hope my english is good enough to explain them:

1. Am I not supposed to hear exactly what gets out of the controller thru my headphones?

So problem is that as soon as on the channel the equalizer gets into the yellow the output signal starts getting unstable. over the speakers the volume goes up, down, up, down, etc...
If I turn down the Gain and stay in the green (which I know I always should but sometimes songs get louder in the middle) I can turn the Master volume to the maximum it doesn't affect the output signal at all (except that it makes it louder of course).

I always thought it's a combination of channel volume and Master Volume that would provoque an oversteared signal.

Strange thing is I can't hear that wavy sound level up & Down over the headphones.

2. When I set a Loop (4, 8 or 16 bars) it randomly, when I push the Autoloop button to reset the Loop, jumps to a random point of the song instead of just resetting the loop and continuing playing from that point I push the button. There's no CUE point set at the place it jumps to, the jump happens randomly and the jump point too.
It happens not only when I push the button on the controller but also when I use my mouse to click the reset button on the screen of my notebook.
Only thing it never happened before when I used my 100 bucks Numark Party Mix, I changed to the Hercules in October and it started happening.
But at approximatively the same time a bigger VDJ update happened.

As said it happens ramdomly 2-3 times during a mix of 4-6h

Thanx in advance for the help.

Posté Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 12:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For 2, perhaps slip mode was enabled?

Posté Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 12:52 pm
So problem is that as soon as on the channel the equalizer gets into the yellow the output signal starts getting unstable. over the speakers the volume goes up, down, up, down, etc...
If I turn down the Gain and stay in the green (which I know I always should but sometimes songs get louder in the middle) I can turn the Master volume to the maximum it doesn't affect the output signal at all (except that it makes it louder of course)

Sounds like you're hitting the limiter, what is your db set at in settings?

Try -3db or -6db and see if that helps

Posté Thu 23 Mar 23 @ 5:53 pm
I normalized all my tracks to 89db in the last few days and set the db to -3db to get sure it's not 'cause of that.

I have a gig tonight and will see how it turns out.

Thanx for all the advices.

Posté Sun 09 Apr 23 @ 12:44 pm
Adion wrote :
For 2, perhaps slip mode was enabled?

What do you exactly mean by slip mode?
DO you mean Vynil mode? (If yes it wasn't on)

Posté Sun 09 Apr 23 @ 12:46 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Slip Mode. When enabled, scratch actions, hot cues, loops, etc. will have a temporary effect and the track will continue to play from it's original position.

Posté Sun 09 Apr 23 @ 1:27 pm