Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet AKAI MPD218
Hello,

I'm trying to set up this pad controller and I just can't make it work. I thought it would work right away by simply plugging into the computer, but even though VDJ recognizes it, it doesn't fire up any samples. If I use the mouse or the pads on the DJ controller to play a sample, they do it and the pads on the Akai light up, but then when I press them they just turn off and the samples keep playing until I stop them using the mouse or the DJ controller.

In fact, I pressed all the pads, knobs and buttons but they don't seem to do something, the pads just light up when I use the sampler by other means.

What am I doing wrong?

Posté Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 2:00 am
I do NOT have this controller.

It should work, as you say, by simply plugging into the computer.

Looking at the VDJ Manual:
https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/akai/mpd218/index.html

It appears one needs to have Program Mode = 1 (the only one with pre-defined VDJ scripts)

then to be in Sampler Mode (LED A is on)

Once there, open the Mapper (in VDJ, Settings > Mapping) you are using, and press pad 1 on the MPD218, to test.

You should see the corresponding definition name appear, P1_BANKA_PAD_13 and indicate ON when pressed and OFF when released.

That will troubleshoot that all is working as it should.

Then its just the Mapping (script) for P1_BANKA_PAD_13 and it should be sampler_pad 1

A first step in troubleshooting. (maybe resolving)

-------
Make sure Program mode is set to 1

Posté Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 6:32 am
Thanks, IIDEEJAYII, it happens I was in program 2 mode. I failed thinking that I had to press the program button and then PAD1 when it has to be pressed AND hold while pressing PAD1.

Cheers.

Posté Wed 29 Mar 23 @ 6:35 pm