Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Distorted sound
Hello.
I'm using the latest Virtual Dj 2023 (v2023 b7544) with my Denon Prime 2 and ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 laptop (i7-1165G7, 14", 16GB, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xᵉ Graphics). In standalone mode, my dj gear functions well, but with VDJ, I'm experiencing a depreciation of sound - after a while, suddenly, the music that I play sounds really bad, distorted. I can solve this problem only by restarting VDJ, not the whole laptop, but only VDJ, so I would say it is some kind of software problem. I never had this problem before with older versions of VDJ or with my other laptop. What would you suggest in this case? Thank you.

Posté Sun 07 May 23 @ 6:44 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
vicksindamix wrote :
Hello.
I'm using the latest Virtual Dj 2023 (v2023 b7544) with my Denon Prime 2 and ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 laptop (i7-1165G7, 14", 16GB, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xᵉ Graphics). In standalone mode, my dj gear functions well, but with VDJ, I'm experiencing a depreciation of sound - after a while, suddenly, the music that I play sounds really bad, distorted. I can solve this problem only by restarting VDJ, not the whole laptop, but only VDJ, so I would say it is some kind of software problem. I never had this problem before with older versions of VDJ or with my other laptop. What would you suggest in this case? Thank you.

I used to have the problem in the period february - april. Despite what I tried (many suggestions here on the forum) I could not solve it. However, with the lastest Nvidia drivers AND the latest VDJ versions, my problems are (for now at least...) gone.

Posté Mon 08 May 23 @ 8:32 am
@vicksindamix

No mention of ASIO buffer size, or whether you've tried adjusting it.

If the ASIO buffer size is too small, it can cause issues like this.

Posté Mon 08 May 23 @ 9:35 am
groovindj wrote :
@vicksindamix

No mention of ASIO buffer size, or whether you've tried adjusting it.

If the ASIO buffer size is too small, it can cause issues like this.

so what size do you recommend? mine is set to 256. higher?

Posté Mon 08 May 23 @ 8:12 pm
Sepatro wrote :
vicksindamix wrote :
Hello.

I used to have the problem in the period february - april. Despite what I tried (many suggestions here on the forum) I could not solve it. However, with the lastest Nvidia drivers AND the latest VDJ versions, my problems are (for now at least...) gone.

I did all the updates. hopefully it will work for me too. thanks!

Posté Mon 08 May 23 @ 8:13 pm
djtozoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the same problem, to solve it I re-apply the audio settings.... but the sound stops for a second...

Posté Wed 28 Jun 23 @ 9:07 am