Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Video Text
I love the fact that one can customize VDJ in so many ways, unfortunately for me, I'm not so script savvy to figure out some things. I'd like to create a custom button to tun on the scrolling Text in the Video Effects... and then a button to turn it off. I have a scroll that is about a minute long, and don't like to have it running all the time, so it would be cool to have a custom button to start it, and then a separate one to stop it I've gone thru the options in the Video category, but don't see one for Effects at all. Guessing there is probably a way to do this, but short of a huge spotlight on the option, I don't see it.

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 9:55 pm
You don't need a custom button, there's a button already on the mixer of the default Pro skin.
Select the Video tab, then;

Scrolling text off

Scrolling text on

Posté Tue 09 May 23 @ 10:31 pm
Yes, of course, but I'm not using videos so have to go to the video panel to start/ stop. Not the biggest pain, but was hoping for a shortcut.

Posté Wed 10 May 23 @ 12:36 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
same script as effect_*
the release notes thread for the text plugin has every button/slider/effect_string documented.

Posté Wed 10 May 23 @ 3:01 am
So I THINK what I have here is a failure to communicate what I'm actually trying to do. While I still haven't gotten this to work, I've learned a lot about VJD and video. I can set up a "button" for the Video Effect of "text" on a deck, pressing this button turns on my scrolling text. (and off again) for that deck. And while I haven't tried I''m assuming getting this function to a pad might be pretty easy.

But since I'm not using video at all and only using the Video Shader while working, I need to turn the text on "downstream' from the individual decks, as I frequently switch between Decks 1 and 3, and 2 and 4. Playing the text from the upstream deck just means it goes away when I swithch even or odd # decks.

The only way for my scrolling text to always stay on, regardless of what deck is up, and/or playing is to start it from the Main Video Window, and that's where my problem comes in.

Now, I'd be remiss if I didn't say scripting and programing are things that I do NOT do well at all, but this seems so simple, which only makes it more frustrating.

I've gone thru all the categories in the Pads Edit Window, I've gone thru the documentation, have searched the verbs, but don't see how/where to turn the text on from the Master Video Window. No doubt what I'm looking for is right in front of me, but I'm far too blind with this to see it.

I did find this: "effect_activate 'flanger'", and got that to work, so I assume I'm close, but still can't get over the finish line with this one. But since this script only activates the effect for the deck that the button is associated with, I can easily see how a variation of this won't work for the Main Video Window Text button...

So is it even possible to have a pad do what I'm trying to do, which is to turn on and off the scrolling text from the main video window, and if so, how?

Posté Tue 27 Jun 23 @ 6:00 pm