Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Pioneer DDJ-1000
dj-bpmHome userMember since 2020
Hi all, I was wondering if there were many with Virtual DJ that use the DDJ-1000 controller ? as I just cannot seem to get mine setup correctly, I used to use a cheap little Numark controller that was faultless but I wanted to upgrade and saw that the DDJ-1000 was highly recommended.
I have updated the firmware and the drivers as per Virtual DJ's guide and links.
but for whatever reason the DDJ-1000 seems to work completely oddly compared to the Numark
firstly I cannot seem to pick which deck i want to hear through the headphones by pressing the CUE of the deck i want to monitor, I have messed around with the audio settings in the controller setup of vdj and the only way I can seem to do it is to select the master as channel 1&2 and the headphones also channel 1&2 but then the sliders seem to work odd so I was wondering if firstly someone could guide me in getting this controller setup and working correctly, I am sure there will be others on here with the DDJ-1000 that use VDJ that have probably had to do quite a bit of fiddling and maybe compromising, any help or advice would be VERY much appreciated and please note that I am not yet familiar with the DDJ-1000
Thanks all

Posté Sat 27 May 23 @ 3:09 pm

Posté Mon 29 May 23 @ 12:35 pm
Did this get resolved. I’m in exactly the same position as the OP.

Moved to ddj1000 from mixtrack pro. Headphone mixer knob and headphone vol are mapped imcorrectly on ddj1000.

Does anybody know the script so I can remap the 2 headphone knobs?

Posté Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 3:51 pm
No, they are not mapped incorrectly. There are thousands of DDJ-1000 users that don't have issues with headphones and the factory default mapping.
You don't need to change a script either.
You need to make sure that you use the correct audio settings, (master = 1+2, headphones = 3+4) and that you use the PFL (CUE) buttons the way they are supposed to be used with this unit.

You will NOT get sound from "master" channel unless "Master CUE" button is active
You will NOT get sound from "master" channel if the "Headphones Mixing" knob is all the way to the left.
You CANNOT change the headphones mixing from VirtualDJ GUI, or via a script. You need to do that from the controller itself (hardware/firmware limitation)

Posté Mon 26 Jun 23 @ 9:00 pm
Hey thanks for the reply. I set my config as you suggested. Its working great now 👍🏻

Posté Tue 27 Jun 23 @ 11:16 am