Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Switch a button's function by using another button
Hi there, not a native English speaker so I'll try to make myself as clear as possible.

I have 2 CDJ 400s and I want to use the 3 fx buttons for 2 different uses: stems and fxs. I'd like to use the CALL button to make those fx buttons switch from one use to the other, but I simply can't get it done.
As for now, they're set to turn on and off pads like this:
#1 for pad 1 (vocal)
#2 for pads 2 & 3 (instrumental and bass)
#3 for pads 5 & 6 (kick and hat).

I'd like to the CALL button to make them activate 3 fxs (beat grid, loop out and phaser) by simply pushing it, and go back to pads by pushing it again. The lights on the FX buttons would help not messing around (they're always lit now, when working on those pads).

Please help me, there must be a way to do it.

Posté Thu 01 Jun 23 @ 12:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, can be done ..

First , you need to map a mode toggle button.. as you suggested .. CALL can be mapped as ..
toggle 'stemsmode'

then the 3 FX buttons need to be mapped as ..
FX1 :
var 'stemsmode' ? stem_pad 'vocal' : menu_button 1 'hotcue,sampler,effect'

FX2:
var 'stemsmode' ? stem_pad 'melody' : menu_button 2 'hotcue,sampler,effect'

FX3:
var 'stemsmode' ? stem_pad 'rhythm' : menu_button 3 'hotcue,sampler,effect'

Problem is that the CALL button doesnt have a led to show you in which mode you are (Stems or FX)

Now if you also want to get rid of the multi-functionality of the FX buttons (offering Effects, Hotcues , samples etc), you can replace the menu_button x action with effect_active 'EffectName'

Posté Thu 01 Jun 23 @ 3:25 pm
djdad wrote :
Yes, can be done ..

First , you need to map a mode toggle button.. as you suggested .. CALL can be mapped as ..
toggle 'stemsmode'

then the 3 FX buttons need to be mapped as ..
FX1 :
var 'stemsmode' ? stem_pad 'vocal' : menu_button 1 'hotcue,sampler,effect'

FX2:
var 'stemsmode' ? stem_pad 'melody' : menu_button 2 'hotcue,sampler,effect'

FX3:
var 'stemsmode' ? stem_pad 'rhythm' : menu_button 3 'hotcue,sampler,effect'

Problem is that the CALL button doesnt have a led to show you in which mode you are (Stems or FX)

Now if you also want to get rid of the multi-functionality of the FX buttons (offering Effects, Hotcues , samples etc), you can replace the menu_button x action with effect_active 'EffectName'

Thank you very much, it was exactly what I needed! Owe you a couple beers! Anyway, it's easy to see what I'm using (fx or stems) because stems light those buttons' LEDs up, and when with fx they're turned down. Easier done than said, in this case.
Thank you so much again!

Posté Fri 02 Jun 23 @ 2:35 pm