Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Custom Buttons
So I'm just discovering this feature and am dreaming up ways to utilize them. So far, so good.
But I have 2 questions:
While I see a way to edit individual tag fields, is there a command that brings up the entire Tag Editor?
and
Once I use up all 8 buttons, then how do I invoke the button editor? As it is, I'm just clicking on blank buttons, and that works... but once I use all 8.... then what?

Posté Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 4:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2nd thing right click,
you don't have 8[10] buttons you have 4[5], if you want side dependant you still only have 4[5]
you need to split the command with
action_deck 1 ? SOMETHING : action_deck 2 ? SOMETHING_ELSE

1st thing
file_info
browsed_file_info

Posté Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 4:22 pm
My 1grade attempts have been a success. I have one button that resets the pitch, over the time I've setup in the Options, and one that will eject a song from the deck(assuming it isn't playing!). Both of these were super simple to accomplish. I used this over the busy Pride weekend and discovered the colors I had chosen were too close to other pre-set colors occasionally causing a bit of confusion on my part. So my first change was to muted colors, and that helped.

THEN I decided that in both of my button presses, there was no need to stay on the Custom Button page after execution, so added a step to change to the Pads Page 1 after the button push, which are my Hot Cues.

And THEN I thought it would be nice for the pads to blink, as just more visual indication that I wasn't on the Hot Cue page. Once flashing, I reverted back to more "bold" colors... easier to see in the dark.

In the end, my Custom buttons have bright colors, they flash, and once pressed, send me back to Page 1 of the pads. I have 2 other buttons that invoke the tag editor, and one that is setup of Pre-Listen.

In my setup, although I can reach it, my laptop is just a tiny bit too far for easy access, so moving things I thought I had to do from my laptop to the controller is a good thing. Right now, I can't think of anything else I do thru the computer that I can't do thru the controller, with the exception of entering data in the search field, but I will absolutely be on the lookout for others.

FYI, I'm on a Denon MC7000

Posté Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 3:50 pm