Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet New laptop
Hi all,

Just bought a new machine and was transferring the data and will use this as an opportunity to update my mappers (both keyboard and DDJ1000). I miss out on default changes since I use a custom mapper for both, is there a way to retain all factory defaults (including future updates), as well as my manual changes?

I assume to keep defaults I will have to continually add my changes to the latest default mapper, but wondering if there is a way to have the best of both worlds.

Also is there a way to cleanly view the mappers? I.e. can I export it into excel without all the XML syntax.

thanks

Posté Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 8:31 pm
Do a fresh install then manually copy over your custom mappings from your old machine. That way you'll have the fresh "factory default" mappings and also your old custom ones.

Open them in pspad and they're clearly readable.

Posté Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 10:13 pm
When you say copy over you mean the full file? If you use the copied ovrr custom mapper you wouldn't get any of the updates to the default mapper though.

Posté Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 10:36 pm
Copy the ones over in your mappers folder. They are your custom ones and won't affect the factory default ones at all.

You can select them independently in the click down box on the mappers page.

Posté Sun 25 Jun 23 @ 11:59 pm