Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Exporting to USB for Pioneer
miren2kPRO InfinityMember since 2022
Hi!

So I'm exporting to a USB stick. I have a few questions.

Okay so what I have done is right clicked on my virtual folder and set to export to my USB, I have ticked to export stems as well.

1) I expected VDJ to create playlists or to create a folder structure that mimics my Virtual Folder Strucutre (perhaps not the filter folders, but definitely the virtual folders?) Is this not the case, do I manually have to create new folders?

2) If I do have to manually create new folders do I need to import the tracks via a playlist/folder for it to be sat in said folder? Because otherwise once all the tracks are on the USB, if I grab all the tracks in a playlist and place them on there again it will import a second time right? So does that mean I have to go to each individual track on the USB and put them in a new playlist that is on the USB. This seems insane? What if I have 1000 tracks that I spend days putting on the usb and then the following week I make a new playlist, how do I get this playlist on the USB? There must be an easy way to just send a coded doc onto the usb?

3) I started exporting, it seems to be creating all the stems for each track, (therefore it's going to take a couple days) Why on earth is it doing this, when I ALREADY have prepared stems on VDJ that I spent 3 days making a few months back? Why does it need to make them again??

4) What workflows do everyone else have in place for doing this. Do you all just create separate smaller playlists and export those to maintain a playlist folder structure? Or have I started this in the right way? Do I wait for the "export for CDJ" finishes, and that's just prepping all the individual tracks for CDJ, and then I can send playlist data afterwards which should take just 1 second (exporting a txt doc for the CDJ to read?) Isn't it done by folders though?

There aren't any up to date videos on this explaining, hence the specific questions ^

Would really appreciate some assistants! I fly in a few days and want to have a usb prepared incase I can't use my decks and laptop

Thank you!

Posté Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 11:59 pm