Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Hercules Inpulse T7 - platter speed problem - Page: 1
Hello, today I finally got my Hercules Inpulse T7 after 4 months of waiting. Unfortunetelly, when I wanted to play it in VDJ, if I play the same track with the same BPM (pitch faders in 0) the one platter is another speed (in my case the second). If I hit SYNC everything works ok until I again manualy touch the platter and move the track it became to slow down again (but BPM values shows same!). I bought this device for old analog mixing (I also got analog TT). I tought I will send device back to seller, but then I tried SERATO lite and it works with no problem. Unfortunetelly I got max version of VDJ and I dont want to pay another money just because I need another software to use this controller. Could this be anyhow fixed, and if - when? Or I will be forced to send the device back and request money refund.

Thank you.

Posté Thu 14 Sep 23 @ 5:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure if i understand correctly ...
The SYNC in VirtualDJ is not an on/off mode like in Serato. When you press SYNC it syncs BPM and phase at that moment, but if you bend or slightly touch the jog, the Tracks will go off-sync/phase and you ll have to press Sync again.
Instead of the action sync that is used in the mapping, perhaps try the beatlock instead. I believe there is also available in the SCRATCH mixer panel of the Pro layout.

Posté Thu 14 Sep 23 @ 9:32 pm
djdad wrote :
Not sure if i understand correctly ...
The SYNC in VirtualDJ is not an on/off mode like in Serato. When you press SYNC it syncs BPM and phase at that moment, but if you bend or slightly touch the jog, the Tracks will go off-sync/phase and you ll have to press Sync again.
Instead of the action sync that is used in the mapping, perhaps try the beatlock instead. I believe there is also available in the SCRATCH mixer panel of the Pro layout.

Thank for help, I didnt described it correctly.

I want to play without BPM lock and without sync and everything. Just by ear. But this doesnt matter in this situation.

Its not out of sync in beatmatch. But its like one of the platters is going in another speed so is slowly going out of beatsync.

So there is a situation - if I have same speeds and beat synchronised the DECK B starts to go out of the synchronisation because its "slower (lesser BPM like)" , but the BPM shows same numbers, f.e. for both decks is 127 (same track on both decks and both pitch faders are in 0 position). But if I just let it play both and just wait, in lets say 5-10 secs the deck B goes completely offbeat and on... like DECK B something around 126, maybe 125.5. Its something like the belt motion cant hold the same BPM all time (this was the belt movement turntables problem years ago), but this is not true since in serato everything works okay.

According to SERATO works normally I supose to be a VDJ app problem?

Posté Thu 14 Sep 23 @ 11:05 pm
Swipez75ControlleristMember since 2014
Definitely not the belt, but sometimes I have that problem on my Numark Platinums and it’s when the song “drifts” out of the bpm - this is usually because of a vinyl rip where the turntables the mp3 was ripped from are poor in stable pitch.
Try another two songs?
If not, obviously the VDJ software but I have to say well done to the developers for updating the software for this newly released bit of hardware.
I’m really interested in those T7s, how are you finding them?

Posté Fri 15 Sep 23 @ 5:23 am
Vladimir.sopik wrote :
Its something like the belt motion cant hold the same BPM all time (this was the belt movement turntables problem years ago), but this is not true since in serato everything works okay.

Hi Vladimir,

To compare the platter speed in Serato and in VDJ, can you check in Serato if the anti-drift is enabled or not?
In Serato > Settings > CD/Vinyl > Vinyl Control: is Anti-drift checked or not?

If anti-drift is on, you may disable it and listen if you get or not the same behaviour as in VDJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdpHl5HCV4

Posté Fri 15 Sep 23 @ 8:08 am
Swipez75 wrote :
Definitely not the belt, but sometimes I have that problem on my Numark Platinums and it’s when the song “drifts” out of the bpm - this is usually because of a vinyl rip where the turntables the mp3 was ripped from are poor in stable pitch.
Try another two songs?
If not, obviously the VDJ software but I have to say well done to the developers for updating the software for this newly released bit of hardware.
I’m really interested in those T7s, how are you finding them?

I think VDJ will need some additional update, so do I have to cotnact the official support? I think its somewhere inside of VDJ soft, because if I connect my older Numark PartyMix MKII everything works fine. Its sad because its a really nice piece of gear.

In SERATO (where it works as it should) you see real power with this machine... firstly I was very sceptic and wanted to grab a RANE ONE instead, but when you touch INPULSE T7 its really very sturdy and nice to touch. You got the feeling of premium controller which can emulate the turntables with powerfull platter torque - I feel no difference with real TT and its great for training my ears in manual beatmatching. Its definitely worth the money (I think it would cost a bit more, so the price is really very good for this), I only hope nothing will defect in future. Its my first go with the HERCULES brand and I am surprised in the positive way.

Posté Fri 15 Sep 23 @ 9:25 am
Made In Breizh wrote :
Vladimir.sopik wrote :
Its something like the belt motion cant hold the same BPM all time (this was the belt movement turntables problem years ago), but this is not true since in serato everything works okay.

Hi Vladimir,

To compare the platter speed in Serato and in VDJ, can you check in Serato if the anti-drift is enabled or not?
In Serato > Settings > CD/Vinyl > Vinyl Control: is Anti-drift checked or not?

If anti-drift is on, you may disable it and listen if you get or not the same behaviour as in VDJ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdpHl5HCV4

Hello,

thank you for your tip and for the video. Unfortunatelly, nothing helped.

Today, I again got everything connected and try all thing again, so:

1/ SERATO works normal in both modes Anti-Drift: on/off - doesnt matter
2/ Virtual DJ still drifts, now I found out that the problem is that the jog I touch that starts to slow down a bit, So if I push DECK B, after manual sync it starts to desync (slowing) and versa for DECK A
3/ I also connected Numark PartyMix MKII and both decks had no problems and work fine so its definitelly somewhere between the soft and the INPULSE T7 controller and I think the developers should fix this? Or should I send the device back to seller?

I also prepared video of my problem: https://youtube.com/shorts/533RVzXO4Q0?si=JWLn2fhasfFBX0q6

Posté Fri 15 Sep 23 @ 10:14 am
Hello Vladimir,

Vladimir.sopik wrote :

If it works OK both with anti-drift (in anti-drift mode, Serato playback speed is software-controlled as if the platters were not motorised (as on PartyMix MK2), except when it detects an action on platters) and without anti-drift (without anti-drift, the Serato playback speed is continuously controlled by the motorised platters), then nothing is defective.

Vladimir.sopik wrote :
.. it's definitely somewhere between the soft and the INPULSE T7 controller and I think the developers should fix this? Or should I send the device back to seller?

The controller was released only 3 days ago, VirtualDJ build 7651 was released 2 days ago, your reporting this issue is 1 day old, I suggest you let developers enough time to analyse it, and afterwards to fix it: each motorised platter has a different behaviour (motorised platter speed up/speed down on Rane One, DDJ-Rev7 and T7 are different) so it requires much tuning.

Posté Fri 15 Sep 23 @ 4:29 pm
Made In Breizh wrote :
Hello Vladimir,

Vladimir.sopik wrote :

If it works OK both with anti-drift (in anti-drift mode, Serato playback speed is software-controlled as if the platters were not motorised (as on PartyMix MK2), except when it detects an action on platters) and without anti-drift (without anti-drift, the Serato playback speed is continuously controlled by the motorised platters), then nothing is defective.

Vladimir.sopik wrote :
.. it's definitely somewhere between the soft and the INPULSE T7 controller and I think the developers should fix this? Or should I send the device back to seller?

The controller was released only 3 days ago, VirtualDJ build 7651 was released 2 days ago, your reporting this issue is 1 day old, I suggest you let developers enough time to analyse it, and afterwards to fix it: each motorised platter has a different behaviour (motorised platter speed up/speed down on Rane One, DDJ-Rev7 and T7 are different) so it requires much tuning.

Hello,

yes I understand its new and I dont want miracles by 3 days after release, but just want to know if it is worth to keep the device and wait until it get fixed. Because I got 14-days period in which I can send the device back to seller after this I have to keep it. For me is better to wait, because I want to keep it and use it with my favourite software - Virtual DJ, just want to know if this will get fixed in the future.

Thank you.

Posté Fri 15 Sep 23 @ 8:17 pm
We are looking at this.
From what we notice here, there is a drift right after you are done with bending, but not during playback, meaning that after 2-3 seconds the drift stays constant, not increasing.

On a side-note, not sure how much this can be improved, but for belt-drive, i would use Pitch-Bend -/+ buttons for manual syncing, because especially pitch-up process with these platters is not easy at all.

Posté Sat 16 Sep 23 @ 11:59 am
Hello, I installed the appropriate driver for the Hercules Inpulse T7 controller on the Hercules site for Mac OS, but in Virtual DJ the controller is not recognized in the mapping.

I use a Macbook with macOS BigSur 11.07.10. and the latest VDJ software V2023 b7651.

The Inpulse T7 is not listed in the compatible controllers.

What is the problem?

Posté Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 6:48 pm

Posté Sun 17 Sep 23 @ 7:57 pm
djdad wrote :
We are looking at this.
From what we notice here, there is a drift right after you are done with bending, but not during playback, meaning that after 2-3 seconds the drift stays constant, not increasing.

On a side-note, not sure how much this can be improved, but for belt-drive, i would use Pitch-Bend -/+ buttons for manual syncing, because especially pitch-up process with these platters is not easy at all.

Hi, thank you.
In serato is working, In your softwre is not working. I dont want to use -/+, I bought this to simulate the turntables, not digital stuff. If I would beatmatch by pressing -/+ I would buy 60 dollar controller. Please let me know in at least 7 days so I can send device back.

Btw. Do the RANE ONE has same problem or is it just the problem of this device? Thank you.

Posté Mon 18 Sep 23 @ 4:26 am
user26146513 wrote :
djdad wrote :
We are looking at this.

Hi, thank you.
In serato is working, In your softwre is not working. I dont want to use -/+, I bought this to simulate the turntables, not digital stuff. If I would beatmatch by pressing -/+ I would buy 60 dollar controller. Please let me know in at least 7 days so I can send device back.

Btw. Do the RANE ONE has same problem or is it just the problem of this device? Thank you.

Things are really not supposed to work like in Serato when it's analog gear (they cheat a bit), and you choose to not digitally lock decks together. Analog gear is not supposed to be able to stay 100% in sync for more than a few seconds because of - well- physics

Posté Mon 18 Sep 23 @ 7:42 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We did manage to reproduce, and are working on a fix.
We can't say for sure yet if it will be fixed this week though.

Posté Mon 18 Sep 23 @ 7:43 am
@VLADIMIR.SOPIK
Please check your email

Posté Tue 19 Sep 23 @ 5:19 pm
Issue should be fixed in Early Access Build 7682

Posté Thu 21 Sep 23 @ 2:09 pm
Is there a solution yet? I have been having the same problem

Posté Wed 22 Nov 23 @ 3:47 am
jayhuntex wrote :
Is there a solution yet? I have been having the same problem

Look right above your post

Posté Wed 22 Nov 23 @ 5:50 am
Hello, I have just purchased the hercules inpulse t7 and with virtual only the deck é motor works and not also that of the deck 1 engine, how can I solve this problem?

Posté Wed 22 Nov 23 @ 10:20 am
77%