Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Virtual DJ for KARAOKE ... Getting Started!
Hi!! ... I'm brand new to Virtual DJ.

I'd like to use it for Karaoke where I can have 1 display on my laptop and just the lyrics on an external screen.

Can you please point me to some YouTube/Video tutorials which can get me started right away.

Thanks in advance.

Posté Fri 22 Sep 23 @ 6:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
All information is available here.. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/sideview/karaoke.html

Basically, you put Karaoke Tracks in Karaoke list of Sideview, enable the Karaoke mode, Background music starts, then once the singer is ready, you press PLAY on the Deck.
You can also define the source of Background music, choose a Karaoke skin to show upcoming Tracks/Singers on the external display and many more.

For the display connected to your laptop, its the same as playing videos, all u need to do is to set it as "Extended" (not Mirror/clone) and Video/Karaoke will be displayed there,.

Posté Fri 22 Sep 23 @ 9:11 pm
Saw the karaoke on/off button and wondered if there was a way to disable embedded lyrics from showing on the video playback for audio tracks ( as it overrides and replaces the shader). Obviously one way is to delete the lyrics, just wondering if there is a non destructive way to turn it off?

Posté Tue 24 Oct 23 @ 5:58 pm
Hi Guys, I am running on V2023 b7831.

While i am trying to access to my library through the remote and would like to cue the song in the karaoke list, but the only option it is currently showing is the Automix list.

I need a way out whre i can cue songs directly from the library to the karaoke list.

Please help

Posté Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 11:47 am