Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Quick way to see the source file a .vdjedit points to?
Hi all,

Hoping for a script or something that I can map to a button to quickly find out what file a .vdjedit file is using as its source. It would be great if the tag editor showed the source file, but it doesn't.

I know I can open it up in a text editor, but that is tough to do when you're in the club in the middle of a set.

Posté Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 2:07 pm
When I have created a vdjedit, the new file (the edit) is created with the exact same name as the source file, with the exception of the ".vdjedit" extention for the file

And all the tag info is the same except the Title has (cleaned) appended at end.

Of course one could edit all the file name, and all tag info .. to remove the source file info.
Then yes, your request would be needed.

Or what am I missing in your question.

And an artist, title search for the loaded, (or browsed) vdjedit track gives one the source.
(assuming artist & title, fields have not been edited, AND you remove the (cleaned) from end of Title.)

this can be done with a custom button, this one for a browsed vdjedit, track:
get_text "`get_browsed_song title`  `get_browsed_song artist`" &  param_cast text & search

Note: need to manually remove (cleaned) from the search.

Posté Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 5:39 pm
I have a half-dozen .vdjedit files for nearly every song, mostly to make versions of different lengths. But they are all named according to the Artist - Title (Edit Length). But I ran into a situation where I wasn't sure if I was playing the clean version or the dirty version, and I needed to see what the source file was but couldn't find a way to track it down.

Regardless of what changes a user makes to their tags, there should always be somewhere in the GUI where you can see the filename without needing to resort to a text editor.

Posté Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 9:18 pm