Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet VDJ 2024. Just not sure why these changes with m3u support.
I am trying to grasp why Automix basically has changed the default methods of playlist management to .vdjfolder away from .m3u's.

I see there is additional info being stored in the file to size, legnth, bpm, and sorting. But it seems redundant given how VDJ stores music data in it's library.

Make it make sense for me.

Posté Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 3:01 pm
tylerPRO SubscriberMember since 2020
Same. The new way seems clunky, and doesn't make sense. I can't even export a crate directly from crate hackers any more....need to make a new virtual folder, I now need to have it sit on the side bar. The way it was before was perfect, not sure why it changed. Makes library management challenging now.

Posté Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 3:04 pm
Yes many of us use Crate Hackers and now i can know longer find the exported files. Is their a work around for this?

James

Posté Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 11:18 pm
as it's saying in the new "important" post at the top of the list, just get the latest EA, set the option browserShowLegacyM3UPlaylists to yes, and hide the MyLists folder, and you can keep using m3u like in vdj2023

Posté Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 5:32 pm
Most excellent

Posté Sun 07 Apr 24 @ 11:29 pm
djmtyxControlleristMember since 2019
"Set the option browserShowLegacyM3UPlaylists to yes, and hide the MyLists folder, and you can keep using m3u like in vdj2023." Did it - it does show the folders now, but not one song in the m3u playlists at all. Checked the folder, the files are there with different sizes and still have the playlists in it - but vdj doesn´t show them at all. What is the last vdj version before 2024 that works ?

Posté Sat 27 Apr 24 @ 1:27 pm