Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet 2 Part Question
1) As I use Lexicon to organize (and sync) my library across two different platforms that I use for different occasions, I have noticed that every time I sync to VDJ, I lose the indicator that the track has already been analyzed for stems (my Mac isn't quite powerful enough for real-time, but that's ok). I noticed that once I load that track, it recognizes that it has already been stems analyzed. Is there a way that I don't have to load every stems track after every sync?

2) Along the same vein, I have noticed that I lose POIs after every sync and have to redo them. Is there a way around this?

Or are BOTH of these questions better suited for the Lexicon forum?

Posté Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 1:51 am
As it relates to #2, I think I found my answer. Lexicon doesn't support them, so with every sync, it's like starting over.

Posté Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 1:55 am
From what you've written, it seems fairly obvious that it's down to the particular metadata not being transferred between VDJ and whatever the other "platform" is that you're using.

The tags/markers that VDJ uses for stems and POIs are not supported by the other platform and/or Lexicon, so they are not transferred.

It's inevitable that the various DJ databases are not 100% compatible with each other, as they each have their own unique formats and features.

Posté Thu 11 Apr 24 @ 8:11 am
groovindj wrote :
From what you've written, it seems fairly obvious that it's down to the particular metadata not being transferred between VDJ and whatever the other "platform" is that you're using.

The tags/markers that VDJ uses for stems and POIs are not supported by the other platform and/or Lexicon, so they are not transferred.

It's inevitable that the various DJ databases are not 100% compatible with each other, as they each have their own unique formats and features.

I figured as much. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something, as I am prone to do. I am re-migrating back toward VDJ after moving from VDJ years ago to using primarily Serato and dabbling in Rekordbox....along with using other programs for some specific gig types. Now I have been integrating Lexicon into my workflow to hopefully eliminate the inevitable guesswork as to what's in THIS library vs what's in THAT library.

Appreciate the response.

Posté Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 11:56 pm