Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet The Music Stopped Three Times Tonight - Page: 1
Hi everybody,

I had a wedding this evening and Virtual DJ stopped playing audio three times. It's been flawless for over a year now. The first time, something about a BeatSource license flashed across the screen then quickly disappeared. And all three times, I tried to start back playing and there's no audio. When I checked the interface, it changed on it's own to a recently used Bluetooth speaker (which was not around). When I set it back to the Rane Performer, it started back working. The Internet connectivity was on an iPhone hotspot and was really really slow.

I did mute vocal stems a few times while I was making announcements, and got a new popup several about Stems 2.0 and that I should process those later. Is this related perhaps?

I'm on VDJ V2024M-B8301, Mac M1 2020, 8 GB RAM, Rane Performer.

Thanks!

Donny

Posté Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 5:19 am
You use beta version, why ?

Posté Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 5:01 pm
8301 is early access, not beta.

Still I would only use a public build at a gig just in case .......

Posté Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 6:46 pm
aha...so now I know. Thankfully is was a low pressure event, so it wasn't disastrous, but still, gave me pause. Thanks!

Posté Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 8:50 pm
So what 's the best way to roll back?

Posté Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 10:00 pm

Posté Sun 08 Sep 24 @ 10:06 pm
I'm running 8308 and it's still doing it. I'm playing maybe 30 minutes, the audio stops, VDJ restarts and it's playing out of the macbook speakers. The decks lag alot. I'm on Macbook Air M1 Sonoma 14.6.1. Any ideas?

Posté 7 days ago @ 5:20 pm
If VDJ restarts, then Atomix should have a crash report and may be able to tell you why it's happening.

Posté 7 days ago @ 6:10 pm
groovindj wrote :
If VDJ restarts, then Atomix should have a crash report and may be able to tell you why it's happening.

ok thats great to hear. thanks!

Posté 7 days ago @ 8:36 pm
oof it did it again last night at an event, just once, but the whole night I'm anticipating for it to stop..yikes.

Posté 6 days ago @ 10:42 am
Did you try replacing the USB cable?

The issue suggests that the controller is disconnecting. Are you connecting directly or via a hub?

Posté 6 days ago @ 2:33 pm
Send a support ticket and ask if the team have received a crashlog.

Posté 6 days ago @ 2:33 pm
groovindj wrote :
Did you try replacing the USB cable?

The issue suggests that the controller is disconnecting. Are you connecting directly or via a hub?

I'm on Macbook Air M1, so two Thunderbolt/USB C, so I'm connecting into a USB C Hub/splitter that I've used for a long time with no trouble. I'll do some checking here. Thanks!

Donny

Posté 5 days ago @ 1:21 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Send a support ticket and ask if the team have received a crashlog.

Thank you! Doing some checking. Glad I have this weekend off!

Posté 5 days ago @ 1:28 am
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Can you keep us posted? Interesting case, thank you!

Posté 5 days ago @ 8:38 am
Sepatro wrote :
Can you keep us posted? Interesting case, thank you!

Yes I absolutely will. I tried to "stress" it, so I've had VDJ playing all night from Beatsource, Tidal and local files and no controller connected. I also had Spotify, YouTube and Davicini Resolve running as well. Everything seems fine here this morning, so that's good to see. I think I'll try the same thing with my regular event rig tonight. I'll plan to play off the iPad for critical event music, or at least have it as an online backup.

Thanks!

Donny

Posté 5 days ago @ 11:33 am
The other observation is this...

Sometimes, when songs are loaded on the decks, I can move a platter and there's no response...the waveform doesn't move on the Performer display or the software. Then after about two seconds, it starts to move. I wonder if this is related?

I'm on Macbook Air M1 2020, 8 GB RAM, that has only two Thunderbolt/USB C ports, so I've always connected with a USB C splitter/hub and an extension. VDJ has always been smooth as butter since the first time I've used it in this configuration, even with Stems 2.0. Even now it seems fine, except for this occasional delayed platter response and disconnecting. My VDJ support ticket report concludes there's not really anything to indicate an out of resources reason for this behavior.

Last night I removed the extension, and I'm still getting occasional delays on platter response on the right deck. I've ordered a USB B to C cable, so I'll connect directly tomorrow evening and see the response. Maybe something has become flaky between the controller and the onboard USB C port.

In any case, I'll have a backup on hand for immediate use in the event of an emergency, so that's a good thing even if things appear to be perfect. I'll report back.

Ideas on other things to check are appreciated.

Thanks!

Donny

Posté 4 days ago @ 1:01 pm
Not enough RAM, 8gb might be your problem.....

Always max out a Macbook, NEVER buy the base model.

But it could also be something totally unrelated, idk.

Posté 4 days ago @ 1:24 pm
DJ Donny Collins (BTE) wrote :

Sometimes, when songs are loaded on the decks, I can move a platter and there's no response...the waveform doesn't move on the Performer display or the software. Then after about two seconds, it starts to move. I wonder if this is related?

You might want to take a look at the comment about motorWheelInstantStart here to see if it helps. I think they have also made changes in build 8301 onwards to improve motorized jog behaviour.

Posté 4 days ago @ 2:17 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
DJ Donny Collins (BTE) wrote :

You might want to take a look at the comment about motorWheelInstantStart here to see if it helps. I think they have also made changes in build 8301 onwards to improve motorized jog behaviour.

Aha...thanks SO much. I'll check that out.

Posté 3 days ago @ 3:25 pm
67%