Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet which one?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm currently looking around for mixing software for mp3's. I came across atomixmp3 and visiosonic's pcdj in the internet. I was just wondering what do you guys think of that one? (www.pcdj.com)

Posté Tue 03 Jul 01 @ 9:29 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, I´m a team member and therefore not really objective, but I don´t like it. The sound isn´t really good and the handling sucks.

mama

Posté Tue 03 Jul 01 @ 9:34 pm
LOL Mama.

Being an independent & objective user, I have tried zillions of programs out there.

I'm using AtomixMP3 on a daily basis and plan to continue using it in the future. I've used it live several times for many consecutive hours without even the slightest blimp in the sound output.

Moreover, I would call interface convenience (mainly a result of focussing on the "vital few" mixing functions), and certainly value-for-money the biggest advantages.

Don't be fooled by specs of competing programs. They either have a clumsy interface or have a very poor sound quality/stability.

I'm currently building my mixing gear around an Atomix-dedicated PC and plan to add some cool self-developments (like an external control unit to name one).

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posté Tue 03 Jul 01 @ 10:07 pm
Well i buy atomix a year ago(when it was called virtual dj-Remember??), and the secret of atomix is its stability and what do u hear is what do u see, u know?
Its a unique prog :-)

Posté Tue 03 Jul 01 @ 11:02 pm
Amen.. I've tried everything out there (that I've heard of), and haven't come across any better software.

Posté Wed 04 Jul 01 @ 9:53 pm
Stability Baby.....thats what I like about Atomixmp3, And thats why its all I'll use at home or out live thank you.

Posté Thu 05 Jul 01 @ 7:48 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks!!

:-))
mama

Posté Thu 05 Jul 01 @ 10:06 pm
Hmm PCDJ has never really worked for me. I tried it and it gave me too many problems, it wouldnt play many of my existing MP3's and would cut some short, its UI is also too cluttered, you dont need to see thousands of things on the screen when you mix....when a program is too much hassle to use its not worth the effort. ATOMIX on the other hand is amazing....rock solid! It seems to handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I have used it many many times out live infront of crowds of over 1000 people and it has never let me down! If you want a mixing program, there is only one choice as far as I am concerned, ATOMIXMP3!

Posté Sun 08 Jul 01 @ 10:01 pm
The only thing that even attracts me to pcdj is the external support. And from the whispers I have heard around the forum... word is that the atomix team is working on this aspect. So, we shall see.

Posté Sun 08 Jul 01 @ 10:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)