Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet !!! WARNING !!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Attention all AtomixMP3 users. This is a warning that the RIAA along with other music industry people are cracking down on DJ's who are working with illegally pirated music.

Here are the basics......

If you use CDR's (Recordable CD's) and DJ with it to make money then you are working with illegally pirated music. (Even if you own the original it is illegal to DJ this way)

If you are using AtomixMP3 and DJ with it to make money then you are working with illegally pirated music. (Even if you own the original it is illegal to DJ this way)

***NOTE*** if you use one of the two methods above for your own personal pleasure (AND MAKE NO MONEY or ANY TYPE OF GAIN) then you are OK.

My friend got busted, he lost his computer, all his DJ equipment and now is facing a big fine. I don't remember how much the fine could be, I think he said $100,000 OR $250,000.

The key seems to be if you are a personal home user or if you are a DJ. If you are a DJ making any type of profit or money, then you can ONLY USE ORIGINALS.

Please be careful.....

WingX

Posté Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 2:20 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That´s not correct. The laws differ from country to country. In germany, where I´m from, you have to pay a fee for the music you play at official parties, or you make money with. The fee depends on what you are using (CD´s, Vinyl, MP3´s...) and how much people listen to it. It´s called GEMA. To my knowledge, in almost every country, a foundation like this controls every happening and gets that fee. So if you make an official party or you perform in a club, be sure, the one who manages the party/club knows, you´re mixing with MP3´s and pays that fee. If not, you can get busted.

mama

Posté Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 6:19 pm
That's what he said, so he was correct.

Posté Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 6:45 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
In france it is the same thing !
in order to use mp3 files in public party you have to pay two times :

for download the file [only one time]
and to play this file in party. [each time you play it]

Posté Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 7:24 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Yan-X if you have more informations about the SACEM (note: the SACEM is the organisations to pay in FRANCE), could-you describe in details what are the laws and how to proceed ?

Thanks

- Dams -

Posté Sun 09 Sep 01 @ 8:20 pm
Sorry, the !!! WARNING !!! only applies to U.S. DJ's.

WingX

Posté Mon 10 Sep 01 @ 2:06 pm
In the UK you only need to buy the music and have an entertainment license, both one off fees. If you play at a venue which has a license then you don't need one. It is also legal to use MP3s so long as you only use one copy of a song at a time (ie don't have two computers at different locations playing the same track when only owning one copy)

DJ Dez

Posté Mon 10 Sep 01 @ 9:57 pm
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
Does anyone know what the rules are in Australia? Thanks,

Mike

Posté Sun 14 Oct 01 @ 5:57 pm
i too would like info regarding operating publicly in ireland

Posté Tue 16 Oct 01 @ 11:12 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)