Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Buying a dj mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've finally decided to buy a dj mixer and some cd players, I was wondering if anyone could give me some websites with cheap prices for these. Right now i'm leaning towards the gemini bpm-250 series mixer..has anyone used them? I want to make sure that I can plug in cd players and also if i need Atomix as well. Also, what cd players are good? The Gemini and American DJ seem decent at a reasonable price.

Thanx for the info

Posté Tue 16 Oct 01 @ 8:33 pm
Gemini and American are cheap.... that's the problem. If your going low end, and want the BPM counter, I would go with the Pioneer DJM-300. Good two channel mixer, 2 main outs, very reliable faders. As for CD decks, I can't help you there... but I do know some good turntables.

Saint James

Posté Wed 17 Oct 01 @ 4:41 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally as a 14 year DJ, I like it when I see an up and comer going for low dollar equipment. But since you asked, I like the better Numark mixers, and wouldn't use any CD player other than a Denon. I have the 2000, the 2500, and the 2600. If you want my opinion, the 2600 is the only way to go for club work. Private parties and such, you could prpbably get away with the 2000.
(I did get in a pinch at one point, and had to buy the American DJ400 CD player. I hate to admit, that I've been pleasantly suprised with it. It's been in place in the same club for over 2 years now without even a passing problem)
Good Luck man!

Posté Wed 17 Oct 01 @ 6:22 pm
The Denon players are the very best indeed.

I would suggest you get your hands on such a player to experience "the ultimate". From there onwards you can "compare" and see whether what you are planning to buy is anything close to acceptable.

I would recommend nót to buy any equipment before you've been able to personally test it.

From my own experience I would also recommend to look for second-hand or even defectuous gear if you know where to get them repaired. I've found a repair shop (in Belgium) where repairs of that kind of equipment is "cheap" compared to the "new-state" purchase prices.
In such way I've gotten my hands on a Denon player (with repair cost included at something like 1/3rd of any second hand sale - and working perfectly since then).
I've also purchased an IMQ/Stageline Double CD (same conditions; requiring repair) and I'm rather pleased with its response time compared to a Denon player (not to mention that it looks like brand new).

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posté Wed 17 Oct 01 @ 9:54 pm
The American DJ Q-2221/x is an incredible mixer for a sweet price. I suggest you shop either musiciansfriend.com or 123dj.com. I got mine from 123dj.com for 129 bucks. It has 3 band eq's, kills, mic in/out, booth out, and q start for american dj cd players. One word of advice: DO NOT BUY AMERICAN DJ PRO-100's. Thier looping function is useless as it gaps in between playbacks, and the latency between a button press and the CD players reaction is horrible. The 200's are pretty solid though. Good luck!

P.S. If your loaded, (im not) check out pioneer's new CD players w/ vinyl emulation. Dude, I've tried em, and they are the shit. If I had 1500 to pop on each one, I'd buy 2. Later.

The Goner

Posté Fri 19 Oct 01 @ 3:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)