Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Tonight could be my last gig with 1.12

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, since I'm taking Thanksgiving week off, after tonight my next gig is the 29th. I'd say that there's a halfway decent possibility that tonight could be the last time I launch V 1.12. Unless it's released within the next 2 hours. :-)
As pleased as I've been with 1.12, especially since I added a USB sound adapter, (2 full stereo channels out) I am eager to spend some bench time with the new version here at home, and just plain dying to get it out to a club!! I know they said by the end of the month, but with every passing day I check my e-mail more and more. (you never know, they could get it out to us early.) hehehe

Rick

Posté Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 9:02 pm
Which USB audio adapter... and does it sound good? I'm shoppng for one...
thanks!

Posté Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 10:48 pm
I picked up the Telex at CompUSA. Don't ask any of the salespeople about a USB audio adapter, they'll look at you like you are nuts. You have to hunt and hunt and hunt until you find it. If you get frustrated easily try the telex home page.
www.computeraudio.telex.com
Even though you actually have to turn down the volume on your main sound card just a bit to make it even with the USB sound output, since you are now using full stereo output to your mixer, the volume is actually higher on both channels. The sound is awesome!
It's worth the 69.00

Rick

Posté Mon 19 Nov 01 @ 9:01 pm
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
Rick,

You are using a laptop, correct? Do you experience any lag with the Telex USB audio adapter?

Mike

Posté Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 4:34 am
That was a big concern. Yes, I'm using a Sony Vaio, with an 80 gig external firewire drive. I was very worried that the usb adapter wouldn't handle the demands. That's why it has taken me so long to actually try one. I've had it out on 2 gigs now. All I noticed was an amazing increase in overall output of sound, and the increase in quality from Mono to Stereo. The responsiveness is exactly the same as from the onboard sound card. I can't believe I waited this long to try one. I knew I couldn't continue playing in Mono, the next step would have been to try to figure out how to add another sound card to the laptop. As it turns out, I won't need to. This usb adapter is the answer.

Rick

Posté Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 3:10 pm
I've had a look at the USB adapter on the web. Does it have two stereo outputs (as well as mic input etc), or could you run two of them as well as the main soundcard... I'm thinking multiple instances of atomix all running stereo!!

Posté Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 11:34 pm
...and have you had any problems with latency, skipping etc?

al

Posté Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 11:35 pm
The usb adapter has 1 stereo output. That coupled with the standard sound card on your laptop gives you 2 stereo outputs. No Latency problems that I have noticed.

Posté Sun 25 Nov 01 @ 4:48 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)