Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet The only solution that don't sound like ****

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I believe the only soudcard-solution that don't sound like shit:

you simply need 2 exactly the same soundcards...

if you use ie Live! 3D, there r several issues....
- it sounds like hell. (don't argue...just try it yourself...play a mp3 and change between 2 and 4 speakers...you'll hear the difference..)
- the left/right balance gets fucked up. on each channel the left or right volume is slightly too high...you can adjust this in the sb-mixer..but anyway. it sucks.

if you decide to use 2 cards, there r also some issues....
- the lagtimes r different...some say this is not noticeble, but it is. most mixes will turn out ok, but others (with sharp beats) sound like shit.

for the atomix-ppl:
i know you cant do anythin bout the sound quality, but if you want to escape the lag-time problems, you could simply add some lag on the other card to synq them... you just need to have the information bout the most common soudcards, shouldn't be to hard.

looking forward to the new version!
keep up the good work!

grts
DJ VISHNU

Posté Sun 25 Nov 01 @ 5:00 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
simply to say this tip will not work as windows OS DOESN'T SUPPORT TWO PERIPHERICALS WITH SAME NAME (I mean, two sb128 pci for example) you need to use different soundcards as directX can't find his ressources else.

It is hard to explain heree but as I had two sb128 pci before i can say here that it doesn't work and that I had lot of windows errors (you know the little blue screen with a Beep in your internal speaker!!) and in all the applications like winamp,...

So it is not an atomixmp3 problem!

Posté Sun 25 Nov 01 @ 11:10 pm
sounds like you were using windows 98 or something?
have you tried also on XP? i don't have 2 exact same card, so i can't say does it work, but i guarantee you get something else than blue screen :)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 01 @ 8:50 am
I have had this problem fixed for two years.

I use two lap top computers and an external mixer.

More expensive, but no problems. :)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 01 @ 1:05 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm using a Sony Vaio laptop with an 80 gig external hard drive. I just added a USB sound adapter. It configures pretty easily, and the sound is great. (even with the master tempo enabled) I haven't noticed any latency problems, in fact, there seems to be less skipping and pausing now that I have added this device. (was getting 2-4 little skips a night with a splitter off the main sound card) The USB adapter was onlyaround 60 bucks, I'd try it before I ran out to buy another laptop.

Posté Mon 26 Nov 01 @ 3:38 pm
I'm using Sb Audigy and Sb live with windows xp and everything works perfect. I've practiced it without problem in the club I work form many months...

Posté Mon 26 Nov 01 @ 5:31 pm
Why dont you all use a multioutput sound card such as an emagic 2/6, quattro, wamibox, or rme hammerfall pmcia card ? All of them are usb or pc card type cards so their is an option for almost any laptop, they are all 24bit 96khz sample rate with the exception wamibox so sound quality is top notch.

get that and a decent external mixer and you've got an awesome and portable mobile setup

Posté Tue 27 Nov 01 @ 6:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)