Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet veiws on new version - long post =O)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hiya, ive been using this product since the virtual DJ days and its always been a fairly good little app for messing about with.

I purchased atomix as soon as it was released last year mainly for making my own mix compilations for my car stereo and its been great.

Id just like to give some feedback to you about what I think about the new version, not of it is intended to be offensive or flames in anyway, just my personal veiw on the application.

1: Its very undifferent from the beta atomix, ejay released as the dj mixstation, even though you said it would be radically different. The only real difference i can see is the custom shortcut options.

2: Its still has a very chilidsh interface, im all for ease of use and simplicity, but little magic wands and pictures of sound cards and words flashing when beats play really takes away any proffesionalism you are trying to achieve.

3: The time stretch feature seems to have been improved greatly from 1.12 which im very thankfull for, its still not perfect and misses beats and words every now and then, but it seems a lot better and more stable.

4: The EQs are a good addition but they distort to unbareable levels when over 70% on which is pretty pointless in my opinion, and this is nothing to do with my machine specs, this REALLY needs to be sorted.

5: The visual display of the beats seems to have changed since 1.12 and has turned for the worse. I belive you use some kind of directx routine here. When u move sliders, EQs, the visual display stops or jerks or freezes uncontrollably. This dosnt happen in hardware mode and is very annoying...again this is nothing to do with my machine.

6: The directory listing column is poorly designed, if you have multiple directorys you cannot scroll left or right as there is not bottom slider, only a up/down slider....you should really have a menu option that can open all folders and see the contents perfectly, and dont fob me off with the 'search harddrive for mp3s' option, i dont want to search, I want to look for them manually =O)

7: The addtion of effects are great, but ALL of them sound very childish and unprofessional, I would NEVEr consider using the flanger, it sounds like a ray gun you buy in a toy shop, please get new professional effect sounds and also make them customizable eg: length of effect, gain, etc...check out a professional mixer like Pioneer DJM 600 or Numark 460 both have great effects panles you should take inspiration from.

8: There should be a feature where you can lock the BPM of BOTH tracks and then change them BOTH at the same time while keeping the beats synced perfectly

9: Should be an option to record directly to mp3 instead of wave

I did have a lot more ideas and things to say but I forgot them =O) I will maybe post more later.

Overall thoughts - its still a great piss about app, it could one day be amazing but it needs to make the transistion from kiddie mess around app to professional work app. You really took far to long getting the new version out. Youve had over a year to make version 2.0 and its not really THAT much different from 1.12 at all. I do commend you ALL on your hard work as im sure you put a lot of time and effort into it all and you deserve the praise you recieve, but the time could of been spent a lot more wisely. I urge you to steal ideas from other companys...the EQ on tracktor is great, the interface on bpm studio looks brilliant etc....atomix is STILL the best at beat matching and being stable as its not bloatware but it really needs to go for the proffesional side now.

Thanks for your time, hope my comments help you achieve more, thanks for the great app and good luck (sorry for any sp etc =O)

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 4:22 pm
thanks for the info. you've basically listed all my complaints with eJay... So I guess Atomix 2.0 basically IS eJay.

ugh. sad to hear.

someone tell me this is BS.

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 4:25 pm
Im afraid so, they is hardly no differance from the EJ mixstation at all.

The only things I see that a are different.

1: some different graphics

2: some different samples in the sampler

3: Addtional of a shortcut editor (wow)

4: Time stretch has been coded slightly better, still drops beats and skips now and again.

5: You have to enter an unlock code to use it.

6: Its called atomixmp3 not Ejay Mixstation.

That is basically my summary of the differences between Atomixmp3 2.0 and Ejay Mixstation....sod all really to be honest =O/

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 4:37 pm
haha! funny!
:|

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 5:11 pm
What about the loop function ?

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 7:11 pm
And the ability to use an external mixer...

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 7:11 pm
well, i wanna add couple of words, yeah the soft is very good, but as i can see now there a re some complaints and problems, i think atomix team shouldn't have kept it a secret but release the beta version to a public, and then after all these suggestions and troubles they would probably base their work on this aspect, and improve the soft,...well i think it's Steph's fault as he is the one who is in charge of it,
Steph i would suggest that you partisipate in these discussions and gve us your point of view, as we will know for sure what's goin on...

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 7:15 pm
ok I missed the loop fuction, this is a good feature but you have missed a ton of other things I listed in the main post.

Ive been using an external mixer with Atomix since 1.0 so I dont know where u got the idea that is new.

It Really is no differeance from the beta u gave ejay, apart from about 3 things that are nothing amazing anyway, just admit it, you spent a year on your arses, sold out to a company world renown for making useless child sound applications. Everyone knows ejay makes kiddie music programs.

If I were you i would pull my finger out my ass and listen to the users of your program, is it really that hard?

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 8:33 pm
Definatley go for a more proffesional look and feel. Leave the kiddy stuff to ejay and make a move for the profesional mainstream digital mixing market like so many other companys.

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 9:25 pm
...and

Now you've got an SDK to build your own sound FX (need to know some coding though).

I guess this will in the end result in a developper community, increasing the throughput rate of new things being added.

...and

The skins are now built on an XML base (ie if you want a different more "pro" look, roll up those sleeves and make one instead of sitting on your **** behind your PC and whining)

...and

You forget that the whole thing was rebuilt from scratch, allowing much faster updates. And time WILL show this is a true statement.

And lastly, Rome wasn't built in one day neither (to use an original saying)

What has been done here is a major leap forward. I - for one - am very satisfied with the results. With this toolkit, there are plenty of opportunities to develop brilliant add-ons.

Happy mixin' to all of you.

Rgds,

DJ Corpse

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 10:34 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thx DJ Corpse, but if they can´t even login if they critizice, I think they can´t handle a XML at all.

Critics are really welcome if they´re constructive.

Posté Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 12:08 am
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well said guys

Yes there are issue,s which still need covering, but I'm sure we'll get the patches as soon as practically possible !

I was hoping to go out live tomorrow nite with a whole evening
being produced through Atomix, but I think i'll will just tinker with it for this weekend. Its NOT the end of the world !!!

So come on all you users, these guys should be congratulated on the new version, It knocks spots of anything else available at the moment..

Well done !!!

Posté Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 1:32 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just got home from my first live Atomix 2.0 gig... It performed perfectly! It did everything I wanted it to do and more! The improved search function is awesome in a hurry! The effects are incredible when they are cranked! From desktop testing, I wasn't real convinced on the pan, and the cut feature, but when you have the volume topped to fill a room, they come across really nice. The pick of the litter is definately the Flanger tho.
Great Job Atomix team! It's not only fully functional, it's FUN!!!

Thanks a million

Rick

Posté Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 7:58 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)