Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Xaudio still at heart of Atomix?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've already played around with Atmoix for a couple of hours and like it so far. My only complaints have already been listed under a previous, loooong post. ;)

However, even though the audio sounds alot better, it still sounds like the Xaudio mp3 codec is still being used. One of my mp3s have a quiet section in the middle that slowly fades out and back in. Under WinAmp (which used the Fraunhofer codec) and Lame (another freeware mp3 codec, and THE BEST ONE!), that quiet section is nice and clean. But with the Xaudio codec, its very dirty and noisy, almost like a dirty vynal record. The sound is horrible if there are any quiet parts in a song as compared to other codecs. If theres one suggestion I must make, its to PLEASE stop using the Xaudio codec and switch to Lame!

Grimm

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 9:53 pm
Well, eJay still does, so probably....

better yet, why dont you look in the atomixmp3 directory and see if xaudio.dll is there? if it was installed, its probably used!

Posté Fri 30 Nov 01 @ 11:24 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not exactly. The Xaudio codec is available as both a dll file, for which you write a front end program to make calls to it, or as a uncompiled C program. It can easily be compiled as part as the main exe, which is what it seems to be in Atomix 2.0

Posté Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 12:13 am
well, i just installed the demo, and there is an xaudio.dll in the root of the install directory.. soo...

Posté Sat 01 Dec 01 @ 3:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)