Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Read this before purchase atomixmp3 v2.0

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I you have CPU under 500Mhz or you are Greek user this will be helpfull before purchase atomix v 2.0.

I have purchase atomix 1.12 and yesterday i setup and the new version 2.0 in my laptol toshiba AMD 475 192MB ram.
In the new version, when one song is playing, the CPU usage is 99%. In the mix time the graphics stops and the sound stick.
So if you have CPU under 475 Mhz dont purchase the new version. Atomix is maybe the best program for DJs and you better buy the version 1.12
If you are Greek user and you have Greek names mp3 files all this files will looks hieroglyphics and no greeks.
I edit the font name of the skin file, i translate the language.xml but is still hieroglyphics. In version 1.12 the greek named mp3 files looks greeks.
So if you are Greek user think before purchase.

I wait and hope the programers af atomix to fix this problems.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 3:01 pm
The program may require a fast CPU, but then anything under 500Mhz is quite outdated and it would be worth upgrading for benefits in most of today's software. Software is written (or should be) to take full advantage of modern fast computers, it would be silly to keep program performance down for the older systems when they can be so much better using the full power that is available with the current range of 1Ghz+ CPU's.

I'm running Atomix 2.0 on a 1Ghz Athlon and it works perfectly apart from the crackling when moving EQ's and crossfader which I believe is being looked into.

Atomixmp3 1.12 is a good program on it's own, so it may be worth using that for the time being until you are in a position to upgrade your system. I fully support programs being created to use all the available power that most systems now possess, it's progress, unfortunately there will always be people who can't yet run such software effectively, but I think it's a sacrifice that is worthwhile.

MiXmAsTeR

p.s. A lot of people are complaining about the beat display colours, and I agree with them, but don't they realise how simple it is to change it? Only a basic knowledge of programming is needed if any. The first thing I do is change the display colours to my own preference. Maybe the Team should think about adding a setting to the program whereby the colours can be chosen simply within the configuration menu? Just an idea, as sometimes you get excellent skins that still have the display colours that you don't like or vice-versa.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 4:25 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
But now curves are gfx not system colors anymore..
So it is impossible

Last Atomixmp3 can be launched with pentium under 450 Mhz it is totally false!!!

I wondering HOW have you get this number of 99% Mixalis???
With my CPU even if I compress ACE files (100% of the CPU used by high compression at high priority) I can play two mp3 without problems!

I don't think atomixmp3 1.12 took only 5% of your cpu and now 99% of your cpu!!!

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 5:13 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think it a problem of his laptop. Most laptops use a sharing memory graphics card, so they take a part of RAM to display the graphics. If you don´t have enough RAM, AtomixMP3 skips.

I use it on a PIII@500 with a 8MB graphics card and 256MB RAM without any skips!

The greek fonts seem to be a problem. We´ll work on it!

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 6:26 pm
I never say atomix is not a good program. I am allready use this and i suggest it to more than 10 of my friends. I just want to warning people who has low configuration system dont expect the full power of atomix. About the CPU usage 99%, that is coming from Norton utilities and not from my mind. Also as i can see from others opinions atomixmp3 v 2.0 seems not ready to publish yet. There are some bugs, like greek fonts, auto mix -40sec before the end- , crashes, e.t.c.
Dont ever think i critique the program because i hate it. I work on version 2.0 doing the traslation - is ready but not tested- in Greek language. I write my opinion because a like the program, because i work with it, because i want to see it near to perfect.

Keep going ..

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 6:59 pm
I have tested with norton utilities too...

well it is not very easy to have a real value as the CPU usage is not a stable value but it is true that atomix needs more CPU time than before.

The only things you have forgotten to say is that after have launched the software, playing one or two mp3 don't change the CPU load.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 8:09 pm
That is true. After the first 10 sec of mixing CPU didnt change. But look my point. Atomix is a hungry for CPU program, for pro use in bars and clubs with smoke and hot air around. If computer blower comes out of order, or doesnt work all the time, say goodbye to stability.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 8:33 pm
My Config:

AMD K6-2 350mhz!!! 3D-now processor
256K Ram
NVidia TNT-2 3DFX w/ 16MB on board Ram
SB PCI 512 dual out sound card

Problems with Atomix v2.0 so far: None.

So much for that whole "you-cant-run-atomix-with-anything-less-than-500mhz" theory.

Booya!

The Goner

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 9:09 pm
So i'm not the only to have passed to run it with a 350 :))

Thanks you !!!!!!
lol

time to go bed as I have only sleep 6 hours this week
See you tomorrow :)

Yan

Posté Sun 02 Dec 01 @ 10:43 pm
Ok,

It is very stange to see how your feelings can have changed after a good night ! I am very surprised of my own post ! I must have been very tired :)

Sorry to have be a bit too much agressive against you Mixalis.
After all, it is your opinion not mine, and you have right to post it here...
Even If Now I continue to disagree with your theorie of "At least a Pentium 500", I didn't have to answer you like I did it.

Please accept my excuses,
Yan-X

Posté Mon 03 Dec 01 @ 8:27 am
You are welcome 8-}

Posté Mon 03 Dec 01 @ 9:36 am
btw why is atomixmp3 2.0 wave display very much more laggy (and jerky when doing adjustments with mouse) updating than 1.12? i have 833mhz + tnt2 + win xp

Posté Mon 03 Dec 01 @ 11:42 am
Dear Yan-X Overlord of DJs as you can see above, i am not the only one, complaint about the hungry of the atomix in CPU use. I say again atomixmp3 is almost the best program for live DJs but it can be perfect. I see your try with new skins and there are realy very good.
I write all this because i want to help you to make it perfect.
So, grlanguage.xml is ready but if you dont fix the greek fonts i cant test it in the panel.

See you...

Posté Mon 03 Dec 01 @ 2:31 pm
i think enabling hardware mixing speeds things up slightly .. the 'choppyness' disappears .. hope that helps =)

Posté Mon 03 Dec 01 @ 11:16 pm
I am a greek user too, and by editing the xml file(I changed the font to "MS Sans Serif") I can now see correctly all my greek songs titles. U can also edit the win.ini file to make "tahoma" font compatible with greek characters....but contact me for details(vscouteris@hotmail.com)

Posté Tue 04 Dec 01 @ 10:50 am
I just test atomixmp3 v2 with classic skin and i see now the the CPU use (measure with NORTON) is the same as atomixmp3 v1.12. I think default skin, because there is more graphics on, use the CPU more than others skins. So atomixmp3 v2 can run normally in AMD 475Mhz 192MB Ram.

Keep going...

Posté Wed 05 Dec 01 @ 5:20 pm
hey man u must be joking or u must be a real liar cuz i am using toshiba satellite 4090xcdt it has celeron 400 mhz cpu with 64 mb ram and i haven't come across with any difficulties when using atomixmp3 2.0 DON't BLAME THE ATOMÝX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posté Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 10:34 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)