Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet ...for external mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ciskoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
which device for a laptop to use anexternal mixer???
USB??? PCMCIA???

Best Regard & Happy New Year

Posté Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 2:48 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
USB. Normally PCMCIA audio cards give very bad sound quality, and you only can use 1. On USB, you can connect 2 soundcards if you want, for better mixing (because the onboard soundcard of a lapop doesn't gives good soundquality neither).

Hope it helps. Happy new year, ikke

Posté Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 3:13 pm
Or you can use a Y splitter and play each channel in mono. This way you don't have to buy an additionnal sound card.

Posté Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 12:40 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posté Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 11:09 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm using the laptops onboard card as one, and the telex usb card as the other... both sound just fine!

Posté Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 1:24 pm
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001
Does anyone know if there are any sound devices for laptops(either PCMCIA or USB) that gives you two stereo outputs. I was thinking of using the integrated stereo output of my laptop plus a USB device but I'm worried about the two devices having different latencies, thus making the synchronization impossible using the visual display in Atomix. I've seen some that were more on the professionnal side(recording) but these usually have a BIIIIG latency.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

DJ Omni
http://www.productionsomni.com

Posté Tue 01 Jan 02 @ 4:50 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have experienced absolutely NO latency problems using the laptops onboard card along with a USB device. Atomix 2.0 works great, 2 full stereo channels out, and the sound is perfect.

Rick

Posté Tue 01 Jan 02 @ 8:15 am
Omni,

Midiman makes a 4 channel USB interface that I considered purchasing.. dunno much about it, but the docs show it has two seperate stereo input/outputs... and it's got drivers for current OS's... looks like a cool product... but ive never used it

www.midiman.com

Posté Wed 02 Jan 02 @ 9:36 pm
DO NOT BUY A MAUDI QUATTRO !!!!!

this company is misleading. THey market the quattro as a 4out device however once you get the manual you will read that it only gives you 4 outs under AISO drivers on programs such as cubase. If you use it with direct x or MME, its only a stereo pair. I luckily was able to return mine for a refund

A great pmcia card is the egosys wamibox. Its 4 outputs and works using direct x or mme drivers. I use it as two stereo pairs into an external mixer. Great sound quality, 20bit DA convertors, gold tipped RCA jacks etc. $499 new

I have a new in the box one ill sell for $350

email me at infader1@hotmail.com if you have any questions

Posté Fri 04 Jan 02 @ 3:58 am
i am using encore usb sound converter it's 26 bucks and it works fine to me

Posté Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 10:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)