Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Atomix vs. Traktor

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

RosterHome userMember since 2001
(nt = no text)

Posté Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 10:26 pm
Only because of the name i would never buy or try traktor!!! Damn, what idiot calls its dj software Traktor??? Damn farmers...

Posté Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 11:07 pm
RosterHome userMember since 2001
Maybe programers were farmers...

Posté Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 11:37 pm
In that case, it probably isn't good software.

Posté Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 11:46 pm
Until Atomix 2.0, the only advantage of Traktor was its inbuilt seemless loop engine. Now it's also available in Atomix and Atomix is far more stable and user friendly (just take a peek at Traktor's window ! There are knobs everywhere and no visual mix possible).

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 2:29 am
you have no f***** right to say that, traktor is a brilliant program ok, unlike atomix it has flowless sound quality and functionality and stability, i am not saying because i am a traktor fan, i am sying this coz i have tried both softwares, and i do give credits to NI, they did hell of a job, well atomix has it's problems, and let me tell ya, if it didn't have this wave form of display ( both tracks in the same window)it's a shit compared to traktor, that's my personal opinion, and i don't care what you guys are going to say against it, atomix need some work to be done to make it the best ( when you play multiple mp3 players at the same time atomixmp3 kinda conflicts with them and it kills the sound level, you don't wanna have this shit)

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 5:12 am
Here we go again ...... : 0 )

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 8:14 am
i believe the traktor names relates to trackin like in pro audio
and not like in farming. hello.
and traktor is far more advanced. but theres allot of a88holes who dont take the time to learn it,and or dont have fast enough computers to handle the prog.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 6:21 pm
thanks for your support, that's 100% correct

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 6:34 pm
I believe this was a joke. Hello. And I have the right to give my opinion, as well as you do and everybody else around here.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 7:17 pm
don't listen to them, they're just a few of those simple brainless farmers...

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 11:08 pm
I still find it amusing that people continually state that the sound quality is more 'flawless' in competing products. One of the MAJOR reaons I decided to go with Atomix was because I found the sound was far more 'flawless' with Atomix! I'm not sure what technique Atomix uses to achieve this, but it would seem to me that Atomix probably buffers more of the decoded MP3 then what some of it's competitors do. But then how do you explain the fact that the volume/eq controls etc have a seemingly immediate response? I'd have to imagine that Atomix must have some fairly efficient programmers, that have optimised the process of decoding MP3s to a greater extent than it's competitors. Then again, perhaps I'm just lucky! All I know is it works like a treat for me, when several other products would continually skip and cause 'clicks and pops' in playback.

Cheers...
Swift

Posté Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 11:15 pm
to eliminate clips and pops set the latency control to a desired setting plain and symple ........take the time to learn the programs before judgin...remember who copied who...................................while atomix has a dj program . N i has allot of pro audio programs do the math.

Posté Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 2:53 am
What latency control? Most of the programs I have tried had no option for this (and neither does Atomix). Furthermore, some of them already had a huge latency (compared to Atomix) and still exhibited the 'click and pop' problem quite frequently. Note that I'm not necessarily talking about Traktor having this problem (I may not have even tried Traktor), but just the general majority of competing products I tried.

Cheers...
Swift

Posté Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 4:50 am
Atomix suffers badly from clicks and pops. As someone pointed out above; when two tunes are played together, they tend to 'kill' each other resulting in quiet beats and songs overall. It's a terrible mess. Traktor, although shite, does have superior sound quality and the beats don't kill each other. I know the reason why overlaid beats can kill one-another (crests meeting troughs, etc simple physics), but it happens too much in Atomix and rarely (to a noticeable extent) on real turntables with profession sound equipment.

Posté Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 2:11 pm
Beats canceling each other out are not due to Atomix. It's a signal processing problem. As soon as you mix two songs perfectly in sync, you get this problem (the waves destroy each other). If you notice it more often in Atomix, it shows that its matching algorithm is better !

Posté Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 3:16 pm
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Uh yeah..........if anybody wants my opinion.....Both programs are not as good as they could or maybe SHOULD be. Lets see over half a year, when the atomix team will have the 2.01 version ready or so. (WHAT THE FUCK DOES TAKE SO LONG? FOR THE VERY VERY LAST TIME KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS INTERESTED EN INFORMED! HAVE YOU NEVER HAD ANY FORM OF MARKETING BEFORE YOU GUYS STARTED THIS "STORE"? THE FIRST RULE OF MARKETING IS: A ORGANISIATION SHOULD DELIVER THEIR CUSTOMERRS WHAT THEY WANT! WELL NOW WHY DO YOU GUYS THINK YOU CAN DO IT OTHERWISE?

O well I have said it a thousand times before, but still you won't listen. I don't know what you are but I'm beginning to think it's a very rare form of stupidity. Keep on going Atomix, keep on going!! I'll be laughing when Atomixmp3 is dead. Because then it's not fault of bad software (it's still cool if you ask my opinion, but not good enough) but the fault of YOU!

Do something you don't do often and think again about what I said.

CU

Posté Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 4:05 pm
I think, that there is only one traktor's adventage. Beatmatching. Maybe atomix has got sharper engine, but traktor does not kill beat.

Posté Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 9:45 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)