Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Dodgy mp3??

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi folks,
Whilst playing Vdj, I tried to open another folder on my hard drive to browse songs and......it crashed! I tried again and crash! I then tried with Atomix and Hey Presto - no problems.
Luckily there wasnt many tracks in the "dodgy" folder so... by a process of elimination, moving single tracks to a different fiolder and seeing which folder "crashed Vdj", I found that one particular track didn't agree with Vdj and made it crash.
I don't see anything different about this mp3 which would cause this, Atomix plays it......any ideas???

Thanks.

p.s. the recovery function didn't work - it was as if i hadn't been playing it at all.

later,
Liam

Posté Mon 08 Dec 03 @ 9:51 pm
bump

Posté Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 7:33 pm
Hi folks,

Again this problem has occurred, the previous file is deleted, in a different folder which I have opened before. As i stated above, this does not happen with Atomix the weak.

As Vdj recovered i let it access the internet and I was informed that v1.08 was ready ..... YIPPPEEE....this might fix my problem - NO, Santa is make believe!!

As i say, Atomix opened the original "bad" file as did realplayer and Windows media player.

This folder is fairly big so I would prefer not to have to go through them 1 by 1 to find the "dodgy" one --- Help please, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Happy Chrimbo from Ireland,
later,
Liam

Posté Wed 24 Dec 03 @ 10:01 pm
I know it's the festive period and all but this a JOKE! My Vdj loves to crash due to the above problem - it seems to find a file to disagree with each week.

Vdj has MANY problems but one that makes the program crash is a big nuisance to me - and this famed support is where? I have posted the here and in the "bugs" forum all to no avail - START UPDATING ATOMIX AND i WILL BE HAPPY! Keep your blood money!

later,
Liam

Posté Wed 31 Dec 03 @ 4:55 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First of all, if you have a repeatable problem, you should definately use the e-service option. Posting here in the forum is a way of saying, Hi... does anyone else have this particular problem?
Apparently no one else does.

I would suggest that you try to just analyze all of the files within your "dodgy" (what does that mean anyway) folder. If during the analyse process VDJ comes upon a bad file, it will stop there.
Start by opening the folder, then sorting them by say bpm. If your bad file stopps the analyse process, when you re open this folder, then sort by BPM again... the bad file should be the very first file that wasn't analaysed.

Again, with specific problems, use the e-service. Venting within the forums about the very volunteers that you expect help from is generally not going to be a good way to encourage them to want to bend over backwards for you.

Posté Wed 31 Dec 03 @ 5:32 pm
Rick dodgy is just an english way of saying bad etc

Posté Wed 31 Dec 03 @ 8:15 pm
Hi again,

Thanks Rick for your time. In order to attempt your suggestion I need to access the "dodgy"(thanks Walkers) mp3 through Vdj - I can't. After opening the application(Vdj) I look down the left hand side to my favourite folders and go to open one, if it contains a "dodgy" mp3 Vdj will crash - without opening the selected folder..... so I don't have the opportunity to analyse. What I did was move one mp3 at a time out of the folder, restarted Vdj and if the folder still crashed it meant that the mp3 that I moved was ok, damn long process of elimination with a big folder.

I have had this problem 3 times in the last 3 weeks, with v1.07 also, and have found three "dodgy" mp3's which are now in their own folder which vdj will not open. I can find nothing strange with any of them...Atomix, realplay + Windows media player have no problems with them. And now I seem to have acquired a 4th "dodgy" mp3 in a fairly big folder - not nice. Vdj has opened these folders before and I have not added any mp3's into them in the last 6 months so I is well confused!!

Later,
Liam

Posté Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 4:40 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How about this???
when you do a search, first let vdj search all of your drives. When that's done every mp3 on all of your drives will be visible.
Choose a sort. either artist, title, or bpm, or length. For the purpose of this example, let's say BPM. (be patient, if you have a lot of mp3's, this sort process can take a full minute or two. Then scroll down to the very last one that has a BPM reported. Hightligh the rest of the mp3's (all of them). Then right click and choose analyse. if VDJ comes upon a bad file, one that will cause it to crash, when you re-open it and again display all of your files in the search window, then sort them by bpm, the first file that isn't analysed will probably be the bad one.
At this point, you might want to get one or more of these "bad" files into the hands of someone else using VirtualDJ to see if they have similar problems with them.

Posté Fri 02 Jan 04 @ 4:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)