Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Shoutcast

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is there anyway to broadcast over a server like shoutcast? If so please let me know...thanx

Posté Sat 08 Jun 02 @ 10:11 am
ok i got it so that shoutcast broadcasts i think but how do i tell my friends how to connect????

Posté Sat 08 Jun 02 @ 10:53 am
there are 2 ways for your people to listen. i'm guessing that you are new 2 broadcasting over the net so i'm assumin (but prob rong) that you dont have a static ip address (unless your on broadband - then you do) but for dial-up users, the ip address changes all the time. for listeners to connect, start broadcasting through the winamp plugin - listeners can connect by typing the following url in their browser

'http://[your ip address]:[your port number]/listen.pls' (without the quotes)

Your ip address can be found at http://www.whatismyipaddress.com and your port number is the one you specified in your Shoutcast Plugin configuration. it is normally 8000 or 8001.

hope this helps.

Posté Sun 09 Jun 02 @ 12:22 am
Ok - But remember people = before you can do ANY of the above you have to have a Plugin for broadcasting... - goto http://www.shoutcast.com and download the Shoutcast Broadcasting tool.. you also have to have winamp installed before it will install...

Copy the file DSP_SC.dll from the winamp plugins directory to the main AtomixMP3 directory - then when in then Main Atomix program - select recording page... click filename - then change the selector to broadcast - then select DSP_SC.DLL and then start recording....

The Shoutcast Window then pops up - and you can tweak all your settings -

Also remember this is only to Broadcast - you need to have access to a server - you can pay for one - http://www.live365.com offers one for example - or if you have broadband you can simply set up your own server...

Hope this helps

Dave

Posté Sun 09 Jun 02 @ 2:02 am
hey dj_atomix or anyone can u tell me how to set up my own server please! i am on broadband! dj_walkers@hotmail.com

Posté Sun 09 Jun 02 @ 1:46 pm
Download the ShoutcastDNAS from shoutcast.com and setup it. If you have changing (dynamic) ip adresss, then you want to have a hostname service like dyndns.org so that people can open your broadcast using the same static hostname like myradio.dyndns.org or something. To keep it updated automatically to your current ip adress there's several utility programs available. (listed on dyndns.org and similar services)

Posté Sun 09 Jun 02 @ 7:25 pm
Also make sure you actually have bandwith to broadcast with. If you are only broadcasting from you desktop with no server support, you won't be able to have very many listeners.

Posté Mon 10 Jun 02 @ 2:35 am
As they said: make sure you have the bandwith required... I laborated a bit with this some time ago and my 0.5 Mb/s upload-speed (ADSL) was able to serve 3 listeners with a 160kbps-stream.. adding a fourth listener led to buffer-underruns (Shoutcast-lingo for those glitches you hear when there are too many listeners on a server)

As for installation the Shoutcast DNAS was a breeze:
I just installed it, changed a few parameters in the configuration (admin-passwords, no publishing of my server, title-format..not much more) and it worked like a charm from the very first test..

To avoid confusion you don't _need_ a DNS-name to broadcast;
if your just going to broadcast a few sets now and then you can use your IP-adress just as well..
BUT having a dynamic DNS-entry for your own PC is really helpful if you're having any kind of server running (=if you're a broadband-"abuser" like the rest of us ;o)
(Personally I'm using no-ip.com, works fine for me)

Posté Mon 10 Jun 02 @ 8:08 pm
PasildaHome userMember since 2004
Does it work for Virtual DJ by Atomixmp3?

Posté Tue 27 Jul 04 @ 6:42 am
Hello.. When i'm using recording "Shoutcast" the .dll file.. Then it doesn't send bytes, but it does when i'm using Winamp. Why? Does Atomixmp3 not support SHoutcast?

Best Regards,

Philip Jessen, Denmark

Posté Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 4:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)