Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet I just want to start doing small parties and I need you guys

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

gusto_4PRO InfinityMember since 2001
Well here it goes. I just bought a mixer numark dm3002x, and I want to start doing little parties. what do I need. I was thinkin of buying an amplifier and two speakers. any feedback.
(I have lap-top, I don't need turn tables.)

Posté Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 7:49 am
What do you mean by "small" parties.. are we talking wedding-size or something like a small bar/pub?

I know it sounds weak when people around here are doing big gigs with big frigging PA-systems that will make your ears buzz the whole morning but we have these company get-togethers, just 100-200 colleagues and a good set of PC-speakers with a respectable subwoofer is sufficient in most cases for a get together like this..
However.. if we're talking about a party that could be like 100 partiers (or more of course) on the dancefloor and then some in and around the bar you should start saving up for an amp. and some really ass-kicking speakers :o)

Posté Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 5:07 pm
Thanks tommy_2all

I mean by small party. house party, and also college party things like that. I just probably need a system average.
early I was looking to a packege of Gemini P-700 amplifier-2gsm-1200speakers. is that any good or I need more than that. you see I'm not a dj I'm just going to do parties with spanish music, so I just need, I believe mixer which I already have, a double cd player.
I just started putting things together so that why I need as much help as I can get from you all real djs.

Thanks.

Posté Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 7:06 pm
Right also -If its just like little partys your doing - maybe 30-40 people - then why not simply hook your laptop thru a PC ? - Thats what i do and it works a treat .

Posté Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 7:14 pm
alholioHome userMember since 2001
for parties at student flats I use their own stereo systems (bought on student loan of course!), just the standard Aiwa/Sony/Pioneer complete system with 100W per channel jobbies!!! That way your own gear doesn't get beer on it or get thrashed by the other DJ's etc...

Posté Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 2:19 am
hehehe.. VERY clever!
If they have equipment on site, use it! :)
(remember to bring a long cord and maybe a miniplug-to-RCA connector if that system doesn't have a 3.5 mm line-in :o)

BTW.. I just noticed my friend's home-system had an optical line in.. is that usual on modern systems?
I have this USB-to-optical thingie I got with my MD-player to record stuff and that would be soooo cool to just connect to a stereo system and do the whole thing via the optical line in :)

Posté Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 12:44 pm
That optical in will be for surround sound methinks - but try it anyway with your little gizmo - i have a optical out sound card and its dead handy for minidiscs

Posté Sat 15 Jun 02 @ 6:39 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you bought a mixer, for a small room, you probably could plug the output of the mixer to a decent home stereo and give it a crank.... but if your "small parties" are going to take place in a hall, you'll need much more than that. I'd recommend a GOOD amp, like one of the QSP power lite series, I have the plx1602, it's a sweet amp with power to spare. The minimum speaker I would recommend would be a decent 15" 2 way cabinet. Community has just recently put out a nice little DJ speaker. I think if you shop around, you can get a set for about 250.00 each. This configuration would be good for just about any average sized, to slightly above average sized facility, yet it's small enough that you could get it into a smaller room as well.

Good luck man!!

Posté Sun 16 Jun 02 @ 3:48 am
Thank you all for the info.

I have being shopping around for an amp. I've been looking to PV 2000, it's that any good, or too good for a rooky.

Posté Tue 09 Jul 02 @ 9:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)