Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Need A New Shortcut!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have a X-Keys controller I want to program for the keyboard shortcuts. It would be nice if there was a shortcut to select specifically either the right or left player. At a minimum there should be a shortcut to select the active desk, otherwise I still have to use the mouse to switch the player selection.

Does anyone have a way to do this with the keyboard? Or know how to write the code?

Mike

Posté Thu 19 Sep 02 @ 2:35 am
Okay. I messed around some more and found that the shortcut to "switch headphone" actually toggles the active desk.

So what would it take to have a shortcut that will select desk 1 or desk 2? They are specific in the xml files for the skins, why not the shortcuts?

Mike

Posté Thu 19 Sep 02 @ 3:01 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
There is a left and right desk option. Just select the shortcut then the key desired for that function and you will be asked fore which desk : )

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posté Thu 19 Sep 02 @ 3:47 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Sorry left this part out, go into the options menu of atomix under shortcuts...

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posté Thu 19 Sep 02 @ 3:49 pm
Duuooohhh.... Guess I just have stop analyzing it and plunge in. Thanks.

Mike

Posté Sun 22 Sep 02 @ 4:25 am
I'm not sure but it seems that audiopyle wanted a shortcut that actually changed the active deskt to either left or right so that the same keys could be used for both decks without specific shortcuts for left play/right play and so on...

Specifying two shortcuts for every function is kinda lame when you only have a limited keypad you want to work with although some of the X-Keys keypads are large enough for this (you can save the keypadspace for other functions or more complex shortcuts :)

And he basically found the answer himself:
I created a shortcut so that Z is mapped to the "Change headphones"-function (this is a toggle-function so no deck needs to be specified) and now my Z changes the active desk back and forth so I can use the same shortcuts for both decks...

I haven't tested how this works (which function is executed first) but I believe adding a shortcut so that Z also Plays the active(or possibly INactive) deck would be useful in the sence that you can press one key to start the other (not currently active) deck and then switch focus to it so that your keyboard commands effect the newly started deck.

Posté Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 1:05 pm
Did some research and the shortcuts are executed in the order they are listed so if your list shows:
Z switch headphones
Z play active deck

then it switches and then plays.. almost too logical.
Although I'm having trouble seeing the difference between "play active deck" and "play playing deck"(rather daft function since it should already should be playing???).
Any light on the subject please?

Posté Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 1:13 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)