Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Mp3PRO support

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Mp3PRO turned out to be better than normal mp3 format. There already is a plugin for winamp, so it would be great to put it in Aomix.

Posté Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 8:38 pm
Better then normal mp3 format? Hardly. Mp3Pro at its "standard" encodeing of 64kbs loses ALOT of high frequency detail and even *alters* the high freq as well. I can understand for the main stream users that want to have more mp3 files on a little 64MB Smartcard that it would be a very useful format. But when 20+gig hard drives are close to $100US, who cares about makeing files smaller? I presonally encode all my rips at 320kbs, and wished that everyone else would. I see Mp3Pro as the end of high quality rips on exchange networks if it gets adopted and embraced by normal users. Only quality freaks like myself would still use MP3 *AND* encode at high bitrates, as I'm sure most real DJs would like to have also. Even with standard Mp3, theres a very noticeable difference between 128kbs and 192kbs.

Grimmy

Posté Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 6:39 am
I use to encode at 256K, and it would take about 4 minutes to encode a song using the highest quality settings (I have a slower 466 Celeron Machine). I decided one day to encode at 320K and found it only took 1 minute to encode at the highest quality settings. Four times faster!!! Now I encode everything at 320K. Give it a try. I use Sonic Foundry's Siren Jukebox (I paid $29 for the program and got a $20 rebate).
Try encoding at the higher rate. It sounds better and is quicker. I use an 80GB drive to store my songs on - Around 10,000 encoded at 320K.

Posté Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 1:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)