Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet Equalizers

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Would it be possible to make to latest "Cool" skin with equalizers from the original skin?????
I kinda prefer the circle shaped equalizers.
Thx
YDC

Posté Wed 01 May 02 @ 9:46 pm
You do ? I think the knob EQ's are terrible since it is hard to tell where they are at ?!

Posté Thu 02 May 02 @ 12:40 am
i might give it a go once i finish trip's 800x600 and the request for a pro version of a skin.

phatty720
dave

Posté Thu 02 May 02 @ 10:08 am
Hehehe.. I'm not even near the final release of my first skin and you just gave me enough ideas for a second one.... Thanx dude!! :o)

I overlooked the knob-controls just as everybody else since the default skin didn't exactly have the nicest knob around (I couldn't tell if they were zero'd or +-10% ..especially since the smaller ones are a bit too small)

I believe that my next skin (or someone-elses if they beat me to it after reading this) will be a lot like the Winamp-plugins created by OhmForce:
a few large, easy-to-"read" knobs with distinct markings...
and I even have a great idea which just plopped into my mind.. something in the line of circular slider-like controls created with a knop and a clipmask(=a hole in the middle :)

This is the kind of creative thinking that keeps me from actually finishing my skin but I hope you understand that it'll all pay off once you see the skin as I "see" it in my head :)

PS to all skinners:
you're absolutely free to copycat the idea of "donut-sliders", would be cool to see them in action..
I just might create a small 3D animation to see how it will look .. I WILL make this new skin come true, it'll just take some time :)

Posté Thu 02 May 02 @ 1:51 pm
t2t, i've been thinkin' about donut or crescent sliders for a while now.. i just never sat down and tried. is it even possible? if so, i'd imagine a spherical slider knob would prolly work best

phatty720
dave

Posté Fri 03 May 02 @ 8:05 am
It's possible, yes.. I haven't tested it but the skin-engine has support for both knobs and (semi-circular) sliders.. not too sure of the parameters for those but I was either thinking of a knob with a hole(clipmasked) in the middle to show some sort of reference-cross.. and maybe, if the clipmasks are rotated with the knob-graphics, I'd add a indicator some distance from the actual knob, sort of like having a knob and then a circular scale/track around it and a ball-gauge sort of like floating in that track to give a better view of the setting.

Posté Fri 03 May 02 @ 9:55 am
Atomix-skinners of the world, listen!

I was having a look at the new and improved version of ReLoop by trancehh and someone posted a comment on that one that it would be great to be able to use the recordgraphics as a jog-wheel(/scratch-surface)..
..and that's when it struck me.. MORE knobs! :o)

How about having a songpos-slider in the form of a knob (it's just a slider with a different orientation, it should work :o)

... and I'm still stuck on the idea of making knobs with "satellite" indicators (graphics a bit out from the center, isolated by a clipmask)...
I had a look at a friends car-stereo amplifier a few days back and my first though was that the volume(/output)-needles on that one would make a pretty cool effect on a skin.. it's all possible, I just have to get the time to make all this come true :o)

Posté Wed 08 May 02 @ 9:09 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)