Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet Auto scratch plug-in

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mhvuHome userMember since 2003
Can someone write an auto-scratch plugin? Here how I see it:
As the DJ click on the effect button, the plug-in will auto-scratch the active deck (using 5-10 scratch patterns).
Can it be done???? pleazzzzee pleazzzeeee

Posté Fri 03 May 02 @ 5:41 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
For now I don't think that is possible because as far as I know the effects do not affect the song they just make it sound like it is being changed. But the best person to answer this question would be DJ Corpse.

DJ Homeboy

Posté Fri 03 May 02 @ 8:52 am
effect the song? Sure it can.. try Smart Repeat to see how this could be done:
the volume of the playing track is dropped by the effect and then it uses some sort of constantly updating sample (as in Corpses Brake & SwirlUp) which it just "scratches" around a bit..

It may sound easy when I just line out the general principle like this but I know, it ISN'T all that easy.. it's freaking hard work and even though I have basic programming-skills I haven't got a clue as to how to actually get even a simple DSP-plugin done.

DJ Corpse is doing a great job with his plugins and I really like what he's achieved this far...
too bad that girl is taking too much of his time nowadays ;)

Posté Fri 03 May 02 @ 10:11 am
I only wish it was a girl taking all of my time ;-)

I have already posted an invitation for knowledgeable, experienced scratchers to send me a description (speed, direction, duration, etc...) of scratch manipulations such that I can write such Auto Scratch Effect.

It's not that hard, once you know the scratch routines.
So if someone can send me such routines, I'll be happy to write the corresponding effect.

Posté Sat 04 May 02 @ 3:42 pm
I know that it effects the song what I meant was that the song continues to play even though it is repeating. When the repeat is let go the track is not at the same spot you started the repeat in. Thats why it is an effect.

DJ Homeboy

Posté Sat 04 May 02 @ 7:55 pm
Sorry, very true with the smart repeat it does update the current postion of the song. Effects would be much more effective if they could actually change the pitch not just make it sound like the pitch has been changed and so forth.

DJ Homeboy

Posté Sat 04 May 02 @ 7:57 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)