Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet is this ILLEGAL?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

ive noticed a few users have there own websites and happyly share there mixes and remixes which each other. But since they have used original copyrighted stuff, isnt this illegal?
Just a thought, also if it is illegal, what are the chances of legal action being taken? Thanks

Posté Sun 04 Jan 04 @ 1:14 pm
Technically it probably is, but the chances of being caught? next to none.
Even if you were caught your hardly gonna be sent to jail for passing around some mixes of music.
Kazaa etc are illegal, and yet everytime you log on theres literally 3-4 million users connected sharing millions of files, but you rarely hear of anyone being busted for that. Shoutcast also allows us to broadcast allover the world and there doesn't seem to be any problem with that either.
What else are we supposed to do with our mixes? keep them to ourselfes and not let another soul hear them?
If it wasn't for dj's playing music the artists being played wouldn't have careers.
That's my 2 cents anyway, music should be about the art, not the money it makes/doesn't make.
I'd be pretty damn pissed off if i was jailed for playing music!

Posté Sun 04 Jan 04 @ 1:40 pm
shoutcast can be legal or illegal as i could be playing on my turntables with vinyl therfore i have paid for the music but illegally if i played mp3's that i hadnt bought in some way either cd vinyl or these mp3 sites which you pay a mothly premium for!

Posté Sun 04 Jan 04 @ 4:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)