Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet !FREEZE!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djricheHome userMember since 2004
Greetings all.

Got DJ Mix Station 2, love it, but have some issues.
The main one concerns the program locking up.
Typically this happens when I’m scrolling through my MP3 files after hitting the ‘SEARCH’ tab.
God forbid I should miss the wee scroll arrow and hit PLAYLIST instead, as, when I do, the various icons that are revealed leave trippy trails across the screen.
Whacking more tabs brings yet further tracer clutter.

Quite often things do seem to sort themselves out (the decks still play and you can crossfade, although the sliders themselves don’t move), but this freezing-up is disconcerting to say the least when halfway through a mastermix.

I’ve patched my (registered) copy, bringing it up to V 1.07, but still the problem persists.
Is this because the software can’t handle my 450 MP3s?
It’s not even that my system is slow, either: P4 3.2Ghz, 1024 RAM, RAID Serial ATA 0 240GB, Creative Labs Audigy 2.

A workaround I’ve adopted meantime is to only have the files I will use in the MUSIC folder, but this is rather inconvenient, especially is you’re mixing at random.
Does anyone know if V 1.08 has this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Posté Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 10:40 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sounds like the P4 Hyperthreading Problem, disable this option in your bios and it should work fine, this is ment to be fixed in 1.08 but as i am running a P3 i do not know. if this doesn't help try searching the forums for hyperthreading

Posté Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 2:42 pm

Posté Fri 09 Jan 04 @ 3:51 pm
Hi Zero.

I’ve adopted an interim solution as touched upon by Grimm: “I know, I know. You can easily bring up task manager and choose processor affinity. But for me, that never seemed to be a 100% solution.”

I agree with him that it’s not “a 100% solution”, but I’ve had reasonable success ‘so for’ by making sure MixStation is the only app running (to begin with at least), the processor affinity has been tweaked as soon as it has loaded and by also locking the scrolling playlist windows.

Roll on the V 1.08 patch!

Posté Sat 10 Jan 04 @ 10:16 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It wasn't so much that it didn't work. It did. For a while at least. But alot of times only after 1 hour of using it eventually I would get some kind of corrupted graphics, although it would still keep going fine. Then, sometime within the next hour of the corrupted graphics, it would just go looney and either crash, or require Task Manager to close it.

However, the processor affinity fix cured all that for good. If you use the program (DJ Mixstation 2, right?) for any good amount of time, you'll definetly want to use the fix. I had no problems after using the fix with VirtualDJ.

But 1.08 did cure the problem as well, so it was a short lived fix for me. Dunno when a newer DJ MS 2 version might be released, so if you get annoyed doing the Task Manager "fix" (like I did), use the fix in the link I gave in a previous post.

Grimm

Posté Sat 10 Jan 04 @ 10:37 pm
Hey Grimm.

You know, I might just have a go with the ImageCFG.exe fix.
However, I’ll hang off in the meantime and see how ‘liveable’ MixStation is with the Task Manager processor affinity fix — especially as a new patch is in the offing!

And then there’s the matter of me probably killing my PC.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 12:10 am
nikomsHome userMember since 2004
Hey djriche.. I have the same problem..is the 1.08 patch available?

Posté Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 12:22 am
Hi Nikoms.

“I have the same problem..is the 1.08 patch available?”

I don’t think so, or at least I’ve not heard.
However, in the thread “V 1.08 Patch”, I was assured by “Corporate Representative Yan-X” that: “We will fix the problem on the update page asap.”
So, fingers crossed of the update soon.
I’ve also emailed eJay themselves to tell them that their patch for MixStation is way out of date. Oh, and that it’s a dead link too!

In the meantime, have you had a go at the processor affinity fix through Task Manager, or God forbid, the rather more involved ImageCFG.exe fix?
What spec is your system?

Posté Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 1:36 pm
News just in….

Have been on the phone to a rather receptive Support Guy at eJay who says he was not aware of any MixStation 2 crashing issues as regards directory browsing, hyperthreading chips etc.

I told him about the issues raised in “!!FREEZE!!” and “V 1.08 Patch” and he said he’d get back to me later in the day.

Now that’s progress. Watch this space.

Posté Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 1:57 pm
nikomsHome userMember since 2004
I have a p4C 2.4, 512Ram, dvd-writer,dvd-reader,and an 120 GO HD S-ata...

Try to disable de "hyperthreading" in BIOS.. i tryed, and now everything is ok..

Posté Fri 16 Jan 04 @ 2:36 pm
how do you disable hyper threading in bios???
Can't find any option on my bios for hyper threading!

Posté Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 9:56 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
You can disable it from the Ctrl+Alt+Del window Heres a quote from our technical forums :
-------------------------------------------------
Run VDJ, then press CTRL-ALT-DEL and find virtualdj.exe from Processes window tab, right click that row and select the bottom item from the menu, this will give you possibility to "assign processor" to either "CPU 0" or "CPU 1". Now just deselect either 0 or 1 and "OK".
-------------------------------------------------
If you disable it from the BIOS you will losse all the advantages linked to Hyper Threading technology. With the manual method you loose the same advantages but only for Virtual DJ software.

Posté Mon 09 Feb 04 @ 8:47 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)