Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Never mixed before - need help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi, everyone -

I'm not aspiring to be a DJ or anything but I want to put together a mix for aerobics classes. So, it'd basically be one continuous medley that may be an hour long. I've never done anything like that before, I have a music background writing songs and playing instruments, but I have no freakin' clue on how to do this stuff. Can someone tell me how I can "glue" a bunch of songs together, setting them at a constant tempo on atomix 3.0?

Any help would be appreciated -

Posté Tue 24 Sep 02 @ 5:31 pm
Well, first of all you will need to purchase the full version to do what you would like to do. Once you have the full version, you just set atomix to record, in the record menu, and then crossfade between songs in decks a and b. If you want the same pitch, or beats per minute, enable them in the preferences/settings menu.

-MixMasterMatt

Posté Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 1:20 am
Wow! That "tutorial" was a bit short.. :(

But as you probably noticed, cammysgrl, people around here tend to only give support to registered Full version owners...

Just to get a general idea of how this whole beatmatching works I'd suggest getting a bunch of dance/techno/club tunes and Analyze them in Atomix so you get a BPM-reading on them then just load whichever of these songs you want and play around with the Magic-button (or sync Beat/pitch etc if your using a skin with those buttons) to see how the program tries to speed up/slow down one track and maybe even do the opposite (slow down/speed up) the other track to make the BPM the same for both songs equal, then comes the hard part: finetuning the pitch (hold shift and play around with the numeric + - keys to adjust the pitch slightly) and then move the beats in sync by nudging one of the tracks with the left/right arrow-keys...

Basically find a couple of tunes with really a strong and steady bass and that have BPM's that are about not more than 10 BPM from eachother (hard to mix if they have widely different BPM) and play around and you'll understand the basics just by watching Atomix do all the magic for you.

Posté Wed 25 Sep 02 @ 10:31 am
hey cammy u dont need to buy the full version just go to the ?mark and and change everything to enable

Posté Sat 07 Dec 02 @ 10:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)