Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Sujet "Flippin Doubles"

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This is mainly directed at dj corpse or anyone else with sucess in writing effects. I have brought this up earlier, but I will re-open for discussion. We need an effect to simulate what hip-hop dj's call "flippin doubles". This is where you have the same track playing on both decks, with one exactly 1/2 beat BEHIND the other. When you flip the cross-fade in time with the beats of song one, you get a perfect repeat effect, which is especially nice with vocals. It just sounds like they repeat-peat the word-word that you hit-hit it-it on-on. The difference of this from an echo is that you here the sound on deck 1, then fade completely to deck 2 for the repeated sound, then back to deck 1 for normal play in the cycle of 1 complete beat. You can do this in atomix, but it IS POSSIBLE to make an effect for this. The effect would have to have a delay that is 1/2 beat behind the original sound. However, when the delayed signal is heard, the original signal must be muted for that 1/2 beat duration. Next, the delayed signal must be muted after the 1/2 beat is over, and the original signal un-muted. This process could then be repeated over and over as long as the effect is being used.

Does this make sense? I will try to do a visual representation to make it a little easier to understand. CORPSE---> do you think you could do this?????

Please advise!

Greetz,
DJ Diggabyte

Posté Tue 05 Nov 02 @ 10:47 pm

Posté Tue 05 Nov 02 @ 11:17 pm
asdfghHome userMember since 2003
Please send me the "flippin doubles" effect.Thanks! ---@---.---
I send for you what you want!

Posté Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 8:45 am
This effect is the bomb.

Posté Sun 02 Mar 03 @ 1:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)